0.8

*A/N: Before I forget, thank you to everyone who is enjoying this story. Like most of the fanfics I've written, I've never expected anyone to like them.*

*Also even though nobody has mentioned this, who have read my OC sheet, there is an officer Collins present in Detroit: Become human. I forgot about him, so I don't know if I want him to be related to my OC's or not*

P.S. Sorry for taking so long with each chapter.

Chapter Eight; Not Just a Statistic:

Beth still felt a little dizzy and lightheaded, but even knowing she should go home, she wanted to help. Luckily she had a good point that her father couldn't ignore, so he let her stay.

That of course meant that after this, she had to go home, and get a lot of rest. It would probably make her feel better, and hopefully she would be over the sickness when she next goes into work.

Now as they're all standing in the elevator, Connor seems to have blanked out, his LED flashing yellow. Beth looked at him in the corner of her eye, curious as to what he was doing.

Then the elevator stops at their destination, causing both father and daughter to walk out of the elevator. Connor; however, stays in the elevator, still looking spaced out.

"Hey, Connor?You run out of batteries or something?"

Her father obviously looks annoyed, as Connor's​ LED blinks back to blue. The Android seems to have woken, from what ever world he was in."I'm sorry, I was making a report to Cyberlife."

Even as he said this, he still made no move to step out of the elevator. Hank shook his head, while Beth let out a small laugh. Connor seemed to ignore her for once, which made her feel a little agitated to be honest.

"Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?"

"No!I'm coming."Beth smirked as Connor immediately sounded defensive. The Android's antics were the most amusing thing that she had seen in a long time.

She hoped this would be over soon, that way she could go home. Hank was probably wishing for the same thing as her, though. Listening as her father and Connor talked, she watched as the Android knelt down in front of some feathers.

"I like birds."Beth commented randomly before she could stop herself. Both Connor and Hank stared at her silently, her father giving her a wtf look."Sorry..."

A thud from the apartment that they were supposed to be investigating, alerted them. Her gun, which she hadn't used since before she met Connor was in her hand.

She hoped she wouldn't need to use it; she hated shooting people, unless she absolutely needed too. Beth jumped when her phone vibrated, making her look at Hank. He nodded at her, so she pulled out her phone.

It was Allison.

"Hello."

"B-Beth, you have time to talk..?"

The girl on the other end stuttered, making Beth realize something was wrong. Allison never stuttered, she had a lot of confidence, and almost never hesitated.

"Yeah...What's wrong..?"

"Umm. Liliana's gone..."

Allison sounded like she'd been crying, and Beth could hear Avery's voice in the background, as she tried to calm her fiance."What? How long..?"

"We haven't seen her since this morning..."It was Avery now, her usual composed self. However, Beth could hear the tremors in her voice, though less evident than Allison's.