First of the Generation of Miracles!

“The only one who can beat me, is me alone.” - Aomine Daiki 

* * * *

The next morning just after dawn had broken can find one Kagami Taiga practicing his shots by himself at a public basketball court that the nearby middle schoolers and some high schoolers uses for street basketball.

The redhead couldn’t seem to wipe the grin off his face as he recalled the conversation that he had with Tamaki a few days ago about the Generation of Miracles – just after the practice match held in which everyone on the Seirin team had then discovered Tamaki’s hidden ability. 

“Just how strong is the Generation of Miracles?” Kagami asked Tamaki curiously. “If I played them now, how would I do?”

“You’d be destroyed instantly.” Tamaki stated bluntly, and Kagami twitched.

The ball went into the net easily. 

“The five prodigies have each gone on to play for their own schools. One of those schools will stand at the top without a doubt.”

“I’ve decided. I’ll crush all of them and become Japan’s best player.”

 The ball bounced against the rim before going into the net. 

“I’ve also decided.” Tamaki said simply, looking at Kagami straight in the eye, one hand clutching at a disposal drink cup. “I will be the shadow to your light and make you the best player in Japan.”

Kagami grinned like an idiot even as he straightened his form to take a shot. ‘Oh man, I’m so excited that I can’t sit still. I don’t care if it’s an unofficial match. I just wanna play them!’

The ball went in.

* * * * 

The last bell had just gone for the day, signalling the end of the school day. And as usual, the basketball team were all gathered in the changing room, changing out of their school uniforms into more appropriate attire. Tamaki was merely sitting on one of the benches in a corner, waiting for the boys to finish changing patiently, reading a book, with the earphones of her iPod in her ears. 

By now, the boys were kind of used to being half-naked around her, though it had freaked some of them out in the beginning (Hyuuga and Koganei), especially when Tamaki had walked into the changing room one practice when they were all in various states of undress without even batting an eyelid. 

Most girls would either blush or faint at the sight, but not Tamaki. To the blue haired girl’s credit however, she at least avert her eyes away from them, proving that she at least had some decency. Hyuuga privately thought that Tamaki might have been used to having boys in various states of undress around her by now, seeing how she had been part of the Generation of Miracles back in middle school. 

Koganei who had finished changing first spotted a magazine lying on the bench, with it being an issue of Monthly Basketball Magazine. 

“Huh?” Koganei picked up the magazine even as the other guys finished changing. “Didn’t this issue come out when Tamaki was in Teiko?” 

Hyuuga stepped up next to Koganei and flipped through the pages of the magazine. “All the players were featured.” He noted. “Tamaki…” Hyuuga frowned as he leafed through the pages. “…doesn’t have an article.” 

“Even though you’re the sixth player?” Koganei asked, looking over at Tamaki who had looked up the moment that they’ve said her name. “Didn’t they come to interview you?”