Papa From Senegal

"I've decided! I'll crush all of them and become Japan's best player." - Kagami Taiga

* * * *

Kagami Taiga was exhausted by the time lessons were over for the day, and he could leave for the gym where basketball practice was held.

Everyone in the team was tired out, even the normally impassive Tamaki. Kagami twitched as his thoughts went to the blue haired girl. Their homeroom teacher wasn't pleased to find Kagami snoozing in his class that morning, and had hauled him to the faculty office for a long lecture on staying awake in class and about his poor grades. The redhead giant was still wondering why Tamaki who was just sitting behind him and also sleeping silently didn't get in trouble. Does her misdirection works when she's asleep as well?

Practice didn't start immediately that day, as Hyuuga had called for a meeting, and had handed out a list of the schools participating in the Inter High tournament to every single person in the team. Surprisingly, Riko wasn't around that day.

"The Inter High preliminaries start as a tournament." Hyuuga begun, even as everyone looked through the incredibly long list of schools that they currently had in their hands. "If we lose, we're out. We can't let our guard down for even a single game." He warned.

Tamaki glanced at her own list, her gaze falling on the names of five particular schools. 'Inter High…' she mused. 'So it's here at last.' She glanced at her teammates, and then at the black wristband that covers her left wrist. 'Are they strong enough to face off against 'them'? Will my current style be enough?'

Tamaki is sure that probably every high school in Japan is dreading having to face a school that had one of the members of the Generation of Miracles. And she doesn't blame them. The blue haired girl had seen the anger and fear reflected in the eyes of the opponents whom they have thrashed during their middle school days.

The Generation of Miracles isn't someone whom anyone would want to face on the courts.

First year had Teiko's opponents feeling disgruntled. Second year had them disbelieved, yet fearful of the name of Teiko. By the time their third year had came around, not a single middle school in Japan had never heard of the name of Teiko, and not one of them were suicidal enough to challenge the best team in Japan.

Tamaki is sure that probably, the high school basketball circuit were all sighing in relief and patting themselves on their backs that the members of the Generation of Miracles have all decided to split up to go to different schools. Just facing one of their members is terrifying enough. Imagine all of them in the same team. And every single member was the best at what they do.

"Tokyo has blocks A through D." Hyuuga was saying, and Tamaki turned her attention back to the list in her hand. "The winner of each block goes to the championship league. The top three winners from the championship league participate in the Inter High. Only three schools are chosen out of 300 participating schools. Only the chosen 1% will stand on the court of their dreams. That's the Inter High."

Tamaki glanced at the name 'Touou' somewhere in the list, and mentally calculated the set up of the matches in her head. If everything goes well, and if Seirin wins every match that they had, they might only have to end up playing Touou during the Inter High preliminaries final league, given the fact that both Touou and Seirin are in the Tokyo district.

'Oh dear…' Tamaki thought, glancing at Kagami. If the two hot-headed males ever meet each other in a match… She dreads what will happen.

"I sort of get the picture," said Kagami. "But they're not chosen. They win it, sir." He added.

The second years smiled at this, and the three other freshmen that have joined the basketball club alongside Kagami and Tamaki, but were named as reserve players instead, exchanged looks.