Believe in Us

"Her role may be different, but her attitude towards basketball is no different from an athlete's." - Midorima Shintaro

* * * *

Tamaki glanced at the calendar sitting on her beside table. There were several red crosses over the dates, with a red circle around that day's date, with 'Championship League' written beneath it in red.

The teal haired girl glanced at the bandage around her right wrist before looking down at Aoi who is slurping up water in his bowl happily. The adorable little puppy looked up at her, his tail wagging, and he made a noise of contentment as Tamaki patted him on the head.

The championship league game of Seirin versus Touou that day starts at 5PM after lessons were out for the day, and Tamaki can't help but feel nervous about the upcoming match. She had a real bad feeling about it. It isn't just the fact that Aomine is playing in the match that had her concerned. It is also the fact that Touou had Satsuki's support.

Tamaki hadn't forgotten just how fearsome that Satsuki could be during a match. The pink haired girl is not a normal manager, and she had been the training manager for the Generation of Miracles during their time in middle school after all. Like with the players themselves, Momoi Satsuki is not a normal manager either.

"What do you think will happen today, Aoi?" Tamaki asked her puppy, and Aoi barked at her.

* * * *

"Huh? Tamaki isn't here?" Hyuuga asked in confusion as the entire Seirin team were all gathered in their clubroom after school had let out for the day. It had been decided that the entire Seirin team would go together to the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium where the championship league game will be held.

"No, she texted me this morning, saying that she has to go to the hospital for some checkup." Riko explained, holding up her red cellphone. "She said that she'll meet us at the gymnasium." The brunette coach then frowned. "Well, even if the checkup goes well, it isn't like I will allow her to play in today's match anyway." She said darkly, and the rest of the team exchanged looks. "I would rather we lose the match then put Tamaki-chan in a match when her wrist isn't even fully healed, and risk it getting worse." Riko almost shivered at the memory of Midorima's death glare at the end of the Shutoku versus Seirin match. 'And not to mention that Midorima Shintaro would skin us alive if I allow Tamaki-chan to play!'

Riko had very strict policies about putting an injured player in a match, most probably because of that incident from last year's Inter High tournament. Her heart had nearly stopped when she had realised what had happened to the teal haired girl when she had used that last move during the Seirin versus Shutoku match.

"But still, without Tamaki, won't the match be tough?" Koganei voiced out the same thing that is currently on everyone's minds. No one can deny the fact that they've only managed to make it this far in the Inter High tournament because of Tamaki.

"Then we just have to try our best, won't we?" Riko smiled confidently. "All right, let's go!"

* * * *

The sun was setting, with it painting the skies a beautiful orange-red as the time for the match of Seirin versus Touou dawned closer, with hordes of spectators heading towards the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium to watch the match. And amongst them were the regulars of Shutoku, minus a certain green haired shooter, who were all interested to see how Seirin would fare against Touou Academy.

Takao was grinning like a loon as he looked around him at the turnout of spectators for the Inter High championship league game. The black haired teen was currently walking with the rest of the regulars of his basketball team, with all of them dressed in their school uniforms, as they've just came straight from school.