forty

AMARA

My eyes opened slowly, my head still pounding from before. I drifted my eyes to the door, becoming more alert when I noticed the door was torn off it's hinges and now just rested against the frame.

"What the fuck?" I whispered, rubbing my head as I looked down. Someone had put me in bed, a black tee and sweatpants clinging to my body. I thanked the heavens when my eyes landed on the bedside table, two small tablets and a glass of water sitting on it. I popped the tablets into my mouth, taking a huge gulp of water, squeezing my eyes closed as I swallowed them.

I jumped when my eyes opened to see Harry now sitting on the bed, his hair bunched up in a bun behind his head.

"What do you want," I exhaled, laying back down and throwing the blankets over my head. I heard him chuckle, a scowl etching over my features. I was still mad at him, he'd be stupid if he thought I wasn't.

"I changed you."

"Do you want me to say thank-you?" I spoke bitterly, peeking out from under the blanket when he didn't reply.

"I'm sorry for not telling you," Harry's words made me pull the blanket off my face, surprised that he was actually apologising.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I murmured, playing with the lose stitches on the blanket to distract myself and not forgive him so easily. It was hard to stay angry at the man.

"You were so stressed before that you fainted, that's why I didn't want to tell you," Harry grabbed my hand, running his thumb across the back of it. I twisted my neck to look at the clock, seeing it was only 4:40pm.

"You can go back to sleep."

"No, I'll come out. I could go for some food," I pushed the blanket off my body, crawling out of the bed. I felt relieved when my head stopped pounding, only a dull ache towards the back of it. I watched Harry walk through the doorway, my eyes landing on the broken door.

"I broke it trying to get in," Harry sheepishly admitted, grabbing my hand and tugging when I stayed put in the doorway. I shook my head at his back, scolding him silently.

Isaac was still here, sitting on the couch with Louis and Zayn while they played Fifa on the TV. Their eyes all left the screen as Harry and I walked in, a sight I didn't think I'd ever see. Louis never took his eyes away from Fifa.

"Welcome back!" Louis cheered, focussing back on his game as I sat on the couch, the only space free being next to Isaac. Harry walked into the kitchen, the sound of the fridge opening gaining my attention.

"H? Grab us an apple?" I smiled at him when he glared at me, shaking his head. I felt the confused looks from Louis and Zayn, due to the fact that Harry and I were fine again. They probably expected me to stay mad for longer, but I understand why Harry didn't tell me now.

"I'm making you real food, you're not having an apple for lunch," Harry shot back, my stomach agreeing with him silently. My smile widened as I watched him fix something up, turning back around when Isaac started talking.

"So where have you come from? I hear you've been travelling quite a lot."

"I'm originally from Manchester. Yeah, Harry and I have been to many places so far. Louis and Zayn joined the team in Rio," I replied, smiling as the two boys fought about who won in their match.