.Twenty-Two.

WARNING: VIOLENCE AHEAD!!!

                                   < •~• >

< •~• >

How could I let that happen to her? I turn to my side where Jieun's body should be. I wince when I reach for the pillow that her head laid on, pull it close to me, and squeeze it with my arms as if I was holding Jieun. I breathe in her scent that melted into the cloth, my eyes stinging with tears for the thousandth time. Why didn't I do anything?!

My mind races back to the image of Taehyung's lips on Jieun's, and the feeling of my wrists almost snapping from how inhumane the pink haired man's strength was. But I'm not so concerned with my aching wrists. That pervert got to do something I've been waiting so long for, and I won't stand for him anymore.

The thought of him gone forever and Jieun coming only to me for her every need pleases me, yet I can't seem to make myself smile with that thought. I've never hurt someone the way I intend to hurt Taehyung. I can't even imagine myself doing something so life changing to a person.

I take in a deep, shaky breath and release it. "But it needs to be done." I whisper to myself aloud, wiping the tears from my eyes. "He's blind Jieun for too long, and she needs to wake up now..."

Be strong for Jieun! I tell myself as I force myself up from her bed that's covered all in her scent. I walk out of her room and down the dead hallway, a little curious as to why Gayoon isn't awake already. No light in the house is on from what I can see. The front door, which is just at the end of the hall, is the only light source because of the small window at the top half of the door.

"Gayoon's probably shopping..." I mumble and make my way into the bathroom. I stop when I walk into the small room, forgetting all about the horrible events that happened after Jieun and I made each other smile here.

I lean against the bathroom's wall, staring at myself from the corner of the rectangle mirror and frown. I feel dead again.

I don't want to near the sink that Jieun and I stood in front of, where we washed each other's faces and had a good time. But I do walk towards it, while staring at my blurry self. Be brave for Jieun. I leave the bathroom door wide open.

I grab my toothbrush, put toothpaste on the white bristles, and begin brushing my teeth lazily. It takes me awhile to finish but soon I get to washing my face. I imagine Jieun's soft hands on my face again, and how gently she patted me with the towel hanging behind me when my hair got wet. I stare at my reflection now, and my almost red hair is hanging down by the water that's dripping from my hair. I slide my hand to my nape and feel the scar that worried Jieun so much.

I still feel bad, but not as bad as losing her right in front of my eyes. I watched Jieun be carried away by some sicko and his super-strength bestie. It makes me feel like such a failure.

Failures don't deserve to feel good...

My eyes fling down to the messy sink that's covered by girly products. I spot open scissors that's laying next to a small bag of makeup; I pick it up without a thought. My heart begins to beat faster the longer I stare down at them. My eyes tear up and I can't hold them back this time. They fall with the water dripping from my wet hair.