Chapter Twenty-three

Chapter Twenty-Three~

As soon as Daniels and I quietly stepped into the main room, I felt a terrifing cold gust of wind, brush against my warm skin. Something was wrong. I didn't know what it was, but whatever it was gave me a uncertain feeling inside.

"I don't like this." Daniels whispered behind me.

"Well we can't go back now. We're finding Loki." I commanded him. He sighed, and continued to follow me. We entered the first room on the left, to find it was the same as the others. A broken table sitting in the corner, dull lighting, and a weird mist in the air. It made my skin burn a little, but I tried to ignore it and focus on the mission. We continued to explore more mysterious rooms, but only found that they were all the same.

I opened the metal door to yet another room, but this time there was two Chitauri inside. It suprised Daniels so much that he let out a little scream while I immidiatly ran over to them, throwing balls of fire at their faces. I covered their mouths with my hands so that they wouldn't make any noises, and held them there till they finished burning alive and then died. Daniels behind me was speechless. I didn't say a word to him, and instead continued to search the room, and then soon leaving with him close behind me. Again and again the more rooms we entered, the more Chitauri we had to fight. Daniels actually did punch and kick the enemy a few times, I was suprised.

In the second to last room we entered, we were out numbered by near ten Chitauri. After we quickly and swiftly fought them off, we were out of breath.

"We must be getting closer..." Daniels told me in between breaths. I got an excited, but then a weird nervous feeling inside, thinking about Loki. It had to be, we were running into more Chitauri, and bigger, more complex rooms.

Finally, we gained the courage to sneak into the last room in the hallway. Daniels and I croutched behind a metal box when we heard a deep, ugly voice. It was Thanos'.

I could literally hear, Daniels' heart beating hard in his chest. I knew he was terrified beside me, and wondering what would happen next. I was holding my breath, and trying not to make me or the agent noticable. We sat in silence, untill I lifted my head to see the situation over the metal box we were hiding behind. In the back of the cold room, was Thanos, now walking out of a door to the right. My heart completly stopped, when I finally saw the one thing I was searching for.

Loki, with chains wrapped on his wrists, nailed above his head. His asgardian suit was covered in blood, and was rippped all over his chest. I couldn't believe we even found him. We didn't even REALLY know if Loki would be in 'The Other', we only knew Thanos had taken him away. I then remembered what Nick had told me to do. I reached for my earpeice to make a call.

"Nick Fury?! We found him! Loki is across the room from me, his condition looks pretty bad, but I think he'll be okay...." I whispered deseperatly. My heart was beating faster as I waited for a response and saw Loki's head fall, maybe in pain or defeat.

"You found him? Allright, your next move is to bring him back to the opening of the portal. Got it?" Nick told me through the earpeice.

"Got it." I told him as Thanos was completly gone from the room now. I stood up first with Daniels watching me, and I ran across the room to Loki's side. I wanted to scream but I needed to stay silent. Without thinking I lifted his head up to meet mine, and kissed his cut and cold lips. But he didn't kiss me back. He didn't even open his eyes. Daniels awkwardly stood behind me as he found out why I wanted to save Loki so bad.

"Oh, are you two...?" Daniels quietly asked me. My face turned bright red.

"Ah-um, Shut up!" I quickly answered. "Loki! I'm here!" I whispered to him. He still didn't move. "Loki?" I asked. Still nothing. His face was brused and cut up along with the rest of his body. I could feel tears forming in my eyes, as he still didn't open his eyes or respond to me. I reached for his throat, and thankfully found a pulse. It was slow and uneven, but it was still a pulse. "He's out cold." I told Daniels as I let go of Loki's head.

"We need to get him out, fast before Thanos comes back." Daniels told me now that he was at my side. I looked up above Loki's head, and tried to unlatch the cuffs to release his hands. It was solid shut.

"I've got an idea..." I told Daniels. I covered the cuffs with my hands, and slowly melted the metal away from Loki's wrists. The cuffs turned into a bright orange color, as they gave into the heat. I wasn't sure how Loki's skin would react to the heat, him being a frost giant and all, but he wasn't awake for me to ask. Finally, the cuffs no longer trapped his arms, and they limply fell to the ground alonge with the rest of his broken body.

"Here, I got him." Daniels told me, and bravly picked Loki up from the floor, and held him in his arms. It gave me a new respect for Daniels because I knew he didn't like Loki, but he put those feelings aside to help. Loki looked so broken and hardley recogizeable with all his cuts and bruises, but he was still alive, and I had to keep telling myself we would make it out to safty. We ran down the dull hallway again, and back to the runway deck where we first landed. I could see the portal opening in the distance, but there wasn't a way to get to it. Daniels gently set Loki down on the floor, and reached for his earpeice.

"Sir? We have the portal in sight but there's no way to reach it." I could hear the conversation in my earpeice, and also Thor's voice loudly asking if we found Loki. He was over joyed to hear the good news.

"You found Loki?" Tony Stark asked.

"Um... Yeah! He's not really awake though, Agent Daniels was carrying him." I informed him looking down at the limp Loki on the floor.

"I'm on my way." Tony calmly told us. I looked over at Daniels, who gave me a shrug. We were then interupted by something neither one of us expected.

"STOP!" Shouted a voice behind us. We turned around to face the voice, hoping it wasn't who we thought it was.

Thanos.

"You mortals thought you could just sneek away?" He laughed and walked closer to us. Daniels looked like he might have a heart attack. He backed away from Loki's body on the ground, and hid behind me.

"Thanos, just let us go. You don't need Loki and you don't need us." I told him, without a stern voice. I was shaking inside, and knew my fear was showing. Neither Daniels or I dared to look him in the eye.

"Ah but I do.You and I both know Loki knows how to control the portal." He said as he mysteriously walked to Loki on the ground. He was still out cold, and laying flat on his back. I wanted to pounce and burn Thanos' head off, as he traced Loki's jaw line, maybe looking like he would snap it, but I knew Thanos was stronger than me, and I wouldn't stand a chance. I breathed harder as he took his eyes off Loki and looked at me, but quickly backed away as he watched something behind me.

It was Iron Man, ready to save the three of us, and kill Thanos. I couldn't help but to smile at the sight of him and his weapons.

"Back away Thanos." Tony said as he bent down to pick up Loki. Thanos didn't say anything back but instead watched us. "Hold on." Tony quielty told me and Daniels as he blasted us all out and soon off the deck. We were floating through the realm to the openeing of the portal, as Thanos watched us leave. It was weird, it was like he almost let us go. Finally, we were all in the saftly of the helicopter and out of 'The Other'. Doctors were waiting for us on board, who quickly took Loki away from Tony and I. Daniels slumped down in a seat and still looked terrified.

"Well that was weird." Tony said talking about Thanos. 

"Uh, yeah.... Thanks for the help..." I responded with a smile. He soluted to me, then flew off to fight in the town again. Loki was on his back on the helicopter floor, with nurses crowed around him. His face was emotionless and cut up. I wanted to sit next to him, and maybe hold his hand, but I didn't want everyone to know about me and him. Only Daniels knew about us now.

I let out a sigh as we finally landed on the runway deck of the floating fortress, and they hauled Loki away to the on board hospital room. Daniels and I stood alone on the deck, and I needed to get back on the streets to fight again.

"Thanks..." I told Daniels. He smiled and gave me a gentle hug which made me feel slightly better about all of this.