Chapter Twelve

I held my breath. Even when the back of my exposed ankle touched the bottom of the grimy stall toilet and I wanted to scream out in disgust, I held my breath. Because this was life and death. These were dangerous people. Sin was a dangerous person.

Killer.

I reached behind me to pull my phone out of my pocket. I didn't know if I should call 911 or my parents, or maybe even Sin's mom. Surely she didn't know that her son was running around threatening people with guns. They went to church for god's sake.

It had been a couple of minutes since I had been hiding. I didn't know if it was safe to come out. I mean I didn't hear anything...

My thoughts were interrupted as the stall door was snatched open. Sin stood with possibly the angriest expression I had ever seen plastered across his face.

I had to throw my hand across my mouth to keep from screaming. My heart raced as I backed up into the filthy wall. "S-Stay away from me." I stammered quickly looking around for anything I could use as a weapon.

"You are the dumbest person I've ever met, Legs." He hissed taking a step closer to me.

I held my hands out "I mean it. Stay back Sin." I watched as something flashed through his eyes before his features turned cold, He leaned against the doorway crossing his arms over his chest.

"What? Do you think I'm going to strangle you in the girl's room?" He said it with disgust. As if I was the one discussing gang violence.

I narrowed my eyes. At the end of the day, I didn't think sin would kill me. And He irked me like no other. "I don't know Killer." I said with narrowed eyes.

He clenched his teeth before moving quickly, snatching me by the arm and pulling me down so that I was standing on the ground. I wasn't prepared so I wounded up stumbling against him."Let me go." I growled pushing at his arms. I needed to get home. I needed to get away from him.

He let me go, literally pushing me away from him. "You should be happy. I just saved your life."

I widened my eyes placing my hands against my chest. "Oh, well thank you so much Killer." I said using his nickname again.

He reached out grabbing my chin. "Don't call me that shit. "

I was pretty sure all of the color drained out of my face. Why did it just occur to me that he was ten times stronger than me and we were trapped in a small bathroom stall?

"Let me go Sin." I said calmly.

He quickly let me go, placing his hands behind his back. "Next time you're hiding, maybe refrain from mumbling to yourself."

He said it lightly so I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't." We stood in silence for a while before I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"So is the coast clear."

He nodded his head. "I'll walk you home."

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I was on a jog anyway."

He stared at me. "I'll walk you home." He repeated.

I simply hung my head, realizing that there was no way I was getting out of this walk home.

And I thought it had been awkward when he had driven me home.

***********************************

"Can I just ask one thing?" I asked clasping my hands together.

Sin sent me a leveled look. "I told you to leave it alone Legs. Don't you have earphones or something?"

I chewed on my lip. "You're the one who insisted on taking me home. Can't I just ask you this teeny tiny question?"

Sin stopped so that we were face to face. I had to look up to keep eye contact with him. It was then that I noticed he was dressed differently. I had never seen Sin put much effort into his outfits, still he looked flawless. But this outfit seemed like it took some planning. His dark jeans were ironed and his white t-shirt smelled like cologne. I wondered were he had been. "Why Killer?" I said with a smirk.

He put his palm over his face. "Don't start with this."

I ignored him. "Seriously. It's not like Sin wasn't intimidating enough. Who needs a scarier nickname than Sin?"

I think I was in shock. For some reason it seemed completely normal that a gang member was walking me home.

"We don't pick the names."

I frowned. "Eww. Someone else gave you the name Killer?"

Sin didn't say anything to answer.

"Well now it sounds like a dog name." I said giggling. God, I was actually giggling. Like I didn't just hear gang activity.

"Are you done?" Sin said sending me a bored look.

I brushed my hair out of my face. "I guess. I just think it's so weird. I think you are so weird Sin."

Seriously, I didn't know where any of this was coming from.

Sin raised a brow. "I think you're weird." he shot back.

I put my hands on my hips. Seriously. Like with my hands fisted and everything. Like I was freaking Michelle Tanner. I was going crazy. "How so?"

"You were always this good girl who didn't care what anybody thought. Now you're dressing in short skirts and getting drunk at parties with random guys."

I rolled my eyes. I was sick of this guy. "Because I want to have fun Sin. Being a goody two shoes is boring."

"Was it fun?" He said in a low voice. "Getting groped by some pedophile stranger and then puking your guts out. Was it fun?"

Dammit. He had me there. because let me tell you, it was not fun. "It was good to get it out of my system." I said lamely.

He chuckled. "Normal people don't need to get that type of stuff out of there system. That's why I think you're weird."

I hit him.

I punched Sin, who I was sure I had just heard threaten someone with a gun, right in his arm. "I think you're weird." I mumbled.

To my suprise he laughed. "Is that how you punch?"

I crossed my arm. "You're a jerk Sin Westbrook."

He shrugged. "That might be Legs. But I'm a jerk who saved your ass. for the second time. This time, you owe me."

*********
THEY WERE IN THE HABIT OF TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED (GRANTED). THEY NEVER QUITE KNEW WHAT THEY HAD. AND THE ONLY THING CONSTANT WAS THE CONSTANT REMINDER THEY NEVER CHAAAAAANNGGEED. AND SO THEY YELLED OUT LOUD YOU-