Chapter 3

Edited

Afterschool Eva got her things from her mom and we walked to my house. I unlocked the door and gestured dramatically.

"Welcome back to my humble home."

Eva laughed. Of course she'd been here before, numerous times. She went upstairs and to put her stuff in my room while I sank onto the couch and turned to Law and Order.

"Baby I could never get over how big your house is!" Eva gushed as she came back down the steps and snuggled up next to me on the couch.

My house was kinda big. It was very spacious and had those big whole wall see through doors to the back yard, because my mom said it helped her relax and feel not so crapped after work. We had a big (barely used) kitchen, a den/entertainment room, and an outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Our backyard was big and landscaped beautifully with small path, lights, colorful flowers, and plush green grass to sit on. It was nice to be weathy.

"Good thing I brought my smimsuit," Eva said as if reading my thoughts, "Cause we are definitely swimming tomorrow."

I kissed her forehead,

"Sure whatever you want baby."

At that moment my mom entered the house.

"Hey mom, you're home early." I greeted.

She kissed my forehead and smiled at Eva,

"Hey sweetie, welcome to our home."

Eva smiled back, "Thanks Ms. Carter."

Mom laughed lightly, "Call me Angel, doll." then headed upstairs.

"Hold on a sec," I told Eva as I got up to follow her.

"Ok baby."

I went to my Moms room and saw that she had a suitcase out on her bed. I found her in her walk in closet as she threw out a shirt that barely missed my head.

"Mom where are you going?"

"Just a small business trip baby, I'm off to Los Angelos for the weekend."

I crossed my arms, "And you were planning on telling me this when exactly?"

"You're almost 18 Chelly Poo. I'm sure you can handle yourself for a weekend. And I transfered $800 onto your card so you can eat out and go shopping or whatever. Eva will be here with you you'll be fine" She started folding clothes and putting them in her suitcase.

"Oh and I'm leaving you the car. A partner is picking me up." She handed me the keys.

"You realized $800 is an absurd abount of money for just one weekend?"

"Anything could happen sweety. Maybe a friend doesn't have money, or loses their wallet and you can help them." She finished packing her suitcase and looked down, presumably satisfied with the neatness. 

"Hmm ok fine. Have fun in LA and find a man maybe?"

She threw a shirt at me, deliberately this time.

"Sorry sorry. Me and Eva are going to get some food. Have you thought about letting me use the RV?

"Eva and I, baby you know how to speak correctly"

I groaned, "You're avoiding the question!"

Mom sighed,

"Maybe. I'll let you know for sure when I get back. Just be happy I'm leaving you the car ok?"

I grinned and gave her a huge hug.

"Ok mom." I said them darted back downstairs.

Eva still sat on the couch channel surfing. I snuck up behind her and covered her eyes.