10: Emperor's Poison Master

Chapter 10: Emperor's Poison Master
Vote and comment!:)

It took Jing Xuan about three days to fully memorise all the information on the herbs and plants in the thick book she got from Zhi Hao.

"When will you teach me how to make poison?" Jing Xuan asked. Although she still had 21 days left it wasn't a lot.

"If you can answer this question i will proceed to teach you how to make poison." Hearing his words, Jing Xuan excitedly nodded her head.

"Tell me about the Yellow Illusion."

"Yellow Illusion is a herb that is commonly mistaken to be poisonous because adding too much of it will turn the medicine poisonous. However, adding the right amount with Moon dew and wedelia it will be able to cure colds, stomach ache and chest burns.

However like the name suggest, if the amount used exceeds 30 percent of the original extraction, it will cause the patient to have illusions and their mental state will break down and they will eventually be reduced to a vegetable slowly. The poison is also very hard to detect hence why it is hard for the physician to cure it." She explains confidently, which causes Zhi Hao to change his impression of her and admire her a little.

"Not bad. Go to Mu Kun Sect to get the herbs to make CS 100"

CS 100 is a poison commonly used by the imperial Bodyguards to lace their weapon with, when strike in the heart, it will Corrode and stone the heart hence why CS. The 100 represents its speed of the poison activating, so if the poison comes in contact directly with the heart it will be instant death and they wouldn't even know what had happened.

Hearing that she was very excited, she had heard that the poison was made specifically under the order of the emperor. Although the ingredients to make the poison are common, the process isn't.

That wicked emperor! Right! In the story, the emperor was also unhappy about Jing Xuan as the General's power kept increasing! He would eventually poison the empress with Heart Vine, A new poison he had threatened someone to make because he wanted to rise his favoured concubine up! truly wicked!!

No wait... how did Zhi Hao know how to make the poison!? He couldnt be...

"Zhi Hao..." Jing Xuan called as she seize him up.

"What?" He asked feeling slightly uneasy by the look she gave.

"You... You couldn't be the one who made this poison right?" She asked doubtfully, he looked no less than 25 years old how could he be so knowledgeable about poisons!

He chose to remain silent, his silence meant yes right?

She quickly sat down and looked pitifully at Zhi Hao, according to the novel the King had kidnapped the family members of the Poison Master to control him. Forcing him to work and make poisons for him.

"What a pitiful child, his family was kidnapped by the emperor..." SHIT! She slapped her hand over her mouth as she stared wide eyes at Zhi Hao, who was also starring at her with wide eyes.

"I'll go get the ingredients!" She hurriedly got up.

"Sit. Down." Zhi Hao commanded as he looked suspiciously at her. Who is she? How did she know something so secretive?

"Who are you?" He asked.

"i am Jing Xuan" she nodded her head as though she is reassuring herself.

"How did you know?" He asked.

Since, it have already come to this... might as well save his family. Wait... I remembered! The West Kingdom's prince will save Zhi Hao's family then bring them to the West Kingdom and recruit Zhi Hao to be his Personal Physician as he excels in both Poison and the art of healing.

"If you are that Poison Master that aided the Emperor in the making of the CS 100 then i might be able to help you escape his clutches."

Zhi Hao looked unbelievingly at Jing Xuan, what can a small girl like her do? And what can a small girl like her know?

"The Emperor heard of your prestige and wanted to recruit you into his fraction however you declined. The Emperor is not happy about the rejection so he kidnapped your family members and threatened you to help him if not he will kill your family members. This can't be known to anyone else thats why he did it so secretively. How i know doesn't matter, but i can save your family members by telling you their location."

After hearing what Jing Xuan had said, he couldn't help but believe her. Theres no one who could've know anything from the kidnaping to being recruited, as the emperor made sure to get rid of everyone involved.

"What do you want?" He asked defeatedly. He did not want to continue being threatened by the Emperor to constantly create deathly poison.

"Simple, i just want you to follow me and help me. Let me be honest with you, I am General Mu's eldest daughter i had left the capital to train at the army under the disguise of a male. I came to this village to learn poison to smear my arrow head with it and to assist the army as we are attacking the South Kingdom in exactly 23 days from now. (She had to leave 21 days from now as it takes a day to travel and she needs a day to prepare)

I decided to leave the capital because someone tried to assassinate me, although i know who it is i cant act rashly. I wish you would assist me and impart me your skills of poison and healing." She told him the truth without lying a single bit. (Ps; she only know western medicine, so she need help from Zhi Hao about the Traditional type)

Zhi Hao was shocked to say the lest, a young lady no less than 15 decided to train at the army and even to go to war! Not only that, she is General Mu's daughter, the Mu family's young lady!

"So what do you say?" Jing Xuan asked smiling.

"Deal." He truly admire Jing Xuan for her courage and wit.

Jing Xuan then started writing on a piece of paper where the Emperor had hid his family, how to get in and how much help he needed. Afterwards, she burned the paper leaving no evidence behind. Truly shocking Zhi Hao for her cautiousness.