37

Lyra (1)

As I started to walk to the women's dormitory, I heard several footsteps. When I turned around, Mako, Asami, and Bolin were walking together.

I ran to catch up with them. "Hey guys."

Asami and Bolin smiled at me while Mako carried a blank stare. I ignored it and continued to talk with them. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for Korra. She said she wanted alone time when she got back from the city, but now we're worried." Bolin answered.

"Hm." I thought of where she could be until I remembered the spot where I used to go when I was upset. "I think I have an idea where she could be."

As we started to walk to the said spot, Mako put his hand on my shoulder to slower our pace. We were behind Bolin and Asami now.

"How was your day with Shady Shin?" He slowly asked me.

"Good. It was good." I nodded.

"Nice. How'd it go?"

"That's the same question."

"Right, right. I mean like, did anything happen?"

I bit my bottom lip while looking down. I can't just tell him we kissed.

Mako sighed, "Lyra, we used to tell each other everything. C'mon I really want to know how your day went."

"Okay... uh, he kissed me." or I guess I can just tell him. "Or we kis- whatever. You get it."

"Oh." Mako said. "How was it?"

"Fine, just like any other kiss." oh yeah, 'cause you've kissed so many guys, Lyra.

Mako lightly laughed, "I see."

After a few awkward seconds, we started to call out for Korra.

"Korra, you out here?!"

"Koooorrrraaaa!"

We walked passed the familiar bushes and just like I thought, Korra was sitting at the edge of the cliff side.

Pabu ran over to me and crawled up to my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Bolin asked Korra softly.

"I'm fine." Korra shrugged. Her voice seemed unusually high.

"We both know that's not true." I told her. "What's going on?"

"You can tell us." Mako said.

Korra sighed. "How am I supposed to save the city when I can't even learn air bending? I'm the worst Avatar ever! I just feel... alone."

"No, that's nonsense. You're amazing." Asami comforted.

"Yeah and remember, Aang hadn't mastered all the elements when he was battling the Fire Nation. He was just a little kid." Mako added.

"And he wasn't alone. He had his friends to help him. Look, the arena might be shut down, but we're still a team! The new Team Avatar!" Bolin grinned.

"We got your back, Korra. And we can save the city. Together."

The trio put their hands together while I hesitated. Korra stood up and placed her hand in the middle. They all looked at me and waited.

"You're a part of this team, Lyra. It wouldn't be one with you." Korra told me.

I nodded with a smile. "Count me in." I placed my hand atop of the others.

"Alright. Let's do it!" Korra cheered.

Not even a second later, Meelo came from nowhere and landed on our joined hands with a fart. "Yeah, let's do it!" He grinned with his fist in the air. After one last fart, he kneeled down, "What are we doing?"

We all laughed at the disgusting, yet charming boy I call a brother.