15: Go to Detention with him

"What?" I managed to spit out.

"Okay, class, we'll get started. I'm going to play this video the entire class period so just stay quiet. And if any of the administration comes in, tell them you're answering questions," Mrs. Porter spoke in a monotone voice and lazily pointed at the three questions on the board. 

Richard inched closer and nodded. "What Mason told you was true. I took his girl, and she didn't want to break up with him. She was looking for the right time, you know? Jessica came to my party after her and Mason got in a fight and I did leave her by the lake to get some blankets

"When I came back, Mason was on the dock, looking down. Granted, he jumped in for her but it was too dark. He said Jessica had said some things to him before walking into the ice but he wouldn't tell anyone but the—"

"—You're in my seat, Venice," a strained voice came from beside us.

Mason's eyes were shining with fury and both his fist were clenched.

"Why didn't you tell her the truth about Jessica? You pushed Jessica," Richard blamed, ignoring his first statement.

"I didn't push her in and you know that, it was ruled a suicide," he spoke through gritted teeth.

This is all very fucking interesting but why the fuck had no one noticed Richard and Mason having a fucking argument mid class? Was Mrs. Porter awake? Was she dead? Oh my fucking gosh, was she dead?

Richard snorted. "You expect me to believe that she just walked on the ice while you were there? She was happy. You may have fooled the cops but I'm not fucking stupid."

So Mason had been there?

"Mason!" Mrs. Porter exclaimed over the video, "Sit down!"

Okay, she was fine.

Mason waved his hand dismissively at her and leaned onto the table, setting his hands next to Richard.

"Think what you want, Venice. I could give two flying fucks what you think about me."

"You sure had motive to push her in, you've always been jealous of me, Mason," Richard continued, "everyone likes me better. Even Jessica."

Um, this wasn't going anywhere good. You know what was going good? Fucking Wendy's four for four special. Fuck, that shut was mad cheap, I could go for some Wendy's right about now.

"Mason, if you don't get into a seat this instant, I will send you to detention," Mrs. Porter called out warningly.

Again, Mason dismissed her.

"Mason, I think you should sit down," I whispered. I know this had nothing to do with me but he was starting to create a scene and he was going to get sent to detention if he didn't sit down.

Mason's eyes darted towards me for the first time and he smiled bitterly, all traces of anger leaving his face. "I think you're right, Morgan, I should sit down. Venice, get the fuck out of my seat."

"Or else what? You'll beat me up? We both know you're a pus—"

Before Richard could finish his sentence, Mason's fist rammed into his jaw and Richard fell back.

Mrs. Porter shrieked and a collective sound of gasps came from the students in the class.

"Mason!" I exclaimed and I went to shield Richard once I had seen Mason near him.

"You're defending him? He's a fucking liar!" Mason spat in disbelief.

I opened my mouth to argue with him but Mrs. Porter intervened.