CHAPTER 36

"Love, have you ever been to New Orleans?" Klaus asked me.

"I haven't left the confines of Mystic Falls, Klaus," I replied.

"Well, I'm asking you if you want to start a new. You don't have to deal with the conflicts Mystic Falls brings you," He stated.

I thought about it for a moment before saying, "When do we leave?"

"Now,"

And with that, the rest of the day was spent packing all of the stuff we need to bring to New Orleans. I told Demeter of our plan but she had to go back and fulfill her duties in Olympus. Her role as a guide and as a mother were not over but so were her duty as a Goddess. We up and left Mystic Falls without saying good bye to anybody.

--------

Upon arriving to New Orleans, we arrived at the plantation the Mikaelson's used to live in. Rebekah left to go explore, Kol went to find a naïve woman who would fall for his charms, while Elijah had business elsewhere.

"What's really the reason you wanted to move to New Orleans?" I asked Klaus as I leaned on the balcony.

"Why do you think I have any other reasons than to show you what the world has in store?"

"Because you wouldn't use words that would easily persuade me. What's wrong?"

He let out a frustrated sigh before explaining, "A coven of witches are plotting against me,"

"Klaus, you have immense power. The witches can't touch you,"

"They won't challenge me unless they have a leverage against me. I intend to find out what it is,"

I wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning my head against his back. I placed a kiss on his neck, earning a slight growl from the hybrid.

"How about you forget your enemies for a second and spend a little bit of time with me," I said, peppering his neck with kisses, "I'm all yours, my King,"

And with that, Klaus picked me up, flitting us over to the bed. He pinned my arms above my head, crashing his lips against mine. Clothes were thrown all over the floor, and we made love for the second time.

--------

The next day, I persuaded Klaus to let me explore New Orleans. I came upon a bar called Rousseau's, ordering a bourbon, to which the bartender refused to give me.

"Who are you to deny your customer?" I demanded.

She leaned closer to me, whispering, "My name's Sophie. I'm a witch,"

"I should care, why?" I asked, glaring at her.

"Because I'm the only one who can sense the baby growing in your belly," 

A/N:

I would like to thank @Daughter_of_insanity for the idea! It won't follow much of The Originals plot because I want this story to stay as different as possible <3