Chapter 1

Jennie

I was busy checking my emails and pile of papers when suddenly the door opens. Showing my annoying bestfriend slash my assistant with her usual playful and bright smile.

"What do you want?" I asks geting back my attention to the papers in front of me.

I just graduated last year and my parents already put me into a business life. It's not a problem though, because I want and I love this kind of job even though it's stressing. I'm just new but I'm already the CEO. Of course I didn't used the status of my parents, I worked hard to prove myself that I deserved this kind of position. And with that, I already created a big name when it comes to business.

"Well, it's already time for lunch. And I'm just wondering if you still want to eat or just kill your time or even yourself facing all of that shits in front of you." She say sitting comfortably on the couch inside my office.

"This ain't shit Lisa, it's money." I roll my eyes.

"You have a lot of money. At least come with us and eat. I'm afraid you're not having a healthy habit in your life."

"Making money is a good habit but let's go. I'm hungry." I say closing the folders infront of me.

I took my phone, car keys and pouch. I wear my coat again before we leave my office.

"Where is Chaeyoung?" I asks.

"She's still in the studio, is it okay if we fetch her before we go eat our lunch?" She asks.

"Okay." I shrug.

Chaeyoung is Lisa's girlfriend for 2 years now. I don't know how the hell Lisa works to get a girl like Chaeyoung. I mean Chaeyoung is a full package, gorgeous, talented, soft and kind like really kind. I never seen her be mad, she's always smiling and act everything in a cute way without putting an effort. It's so natural for real.

While Lisa here is so annoying and loud. God only knows how I ended up being her bestfriend since grade school.

"Hey Jennie." Chaeyoung greeted when she enters my car.

"How's recording?" I asks starting to drive again.

"It went well. The recording will be finish soon." She smiles.

"Your fams will go crazy again when your next album release." I chuckled.

Chaeyoung is a very well known singer song-writer. She already has a millions of fans all over the world, including me. She really has a beautiful voice.

We stopped in front of a ramen house. We are busy talking with each other, ignoring the states of people inside the place.

I want to walk out now. Lisa and Chaeyoung are being a sweet lovey dovey again, infront of me!

"Can you stop doing that?" I groan when they're feeding each other and saying sweet nothings.

"Oh please, don't be bitter." Lisa roll her eyes.

"Try to date someone." Chaeyoung added.

"I have no time for that." I scoff and eat my ramen.

"Come on! You're already 23, yet you still don't have a boyfriend." Lisa says.

"Girlfriend." I corrected.

Never in my life I find guys attractive, yeah some are handsome but I just can't see myself dating them. Just by thinking about it makes me feel sick.

"Right, girlfriend." Lisa laughs. "But at least try to date, it can leasen up your grumpiness." She whisper the last part but I still heard it.

"Yah!" I throw the crumpled napkin on her.

"Noooo." She whined when it drops right infront of her bowl.

"Just order another one." I say.

"It took 15 minutes before they served." She pouted.

"Let's just share babe." Chaeyoung says pushing her bowl to Lisa.

Lisa quickly brightens up and give Chaeyoung a kiss on her cheek. I want to gad at their sweetness, but I just ignore them and focus on my food.
...

After a long day killing my time in the office, I finally got home. I'm so tired but this is part of my daily living and I'm getting used to it. I cooked something for my dinner and feed my dog before going to bed.

I took my laptop and place it in the center of my bed. Scrolling, I chose to watch 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. While watching I was thinking if it's even possible that you will be able to see the spirit of a dead or hallucinate it. It's cool how Clay can communicate with Hanna.

After finishing 2 episodes, I decided to take a rest. I still have work to do tomorrow. I shut down my laptop and put is aside, Kuma moves to my side and sleep. Petting his soft fur, I fallen asleep.

The next morning came and I do the same routine. Working my ass off until the day hits the night. I was walking out the building with Lisa.

"Can I have a week of leave?" She asks making me to look at her.

"Why is that?"

"I need to go with Chaeyoung to check her friend in a hospital." She say.

"Okay, just finish your remaining work for this week then you can go." I approved.

"Yeah, sure. Thank you." She beam a smile that shows her perfect set of white teeth.

Sometimes I'm wondering if my bestfriend is a living doll, she really look like one.
...

While relaxing on the living room, I heard something that shuffles in the kitchen. I frowned and look where the kitchen is and then there is Kuma pushing his bowl.

I watch TV again as Kuma runs and jump to side, sticking out his tongue cutely. Just minutes passed, I heard the another shuffling inside the kitchen. My heart suddenly beat so fast and my body is releasing cold sweats all of a sudden. There is now way Kuma did that this time. Kuma jump off to the couch and runs back to the kitchen then he started barking.

That can't be an intruder, I'm.aure I locked the door. I gulp and pick whatever thing my hand grasps and walks over to the kitchen slowly.

"Hey, buddy. Calm down."

My heart froze as my breathe hitches when I heard a deep husky voice. My heart is beating so loud, I can hear it. Kuma stops barking and I swear I heard a giggling sound.

Omy fucking god! Tell me I'm not hearing things! Maybe I'm just tired and sleepy, yeah. I should stop drinking coffee. I calm myself and drag my feets again to the kitchen. Every step I take my body feels heavier so as my breathing.

Just when I finally get into the kitchen, my eyes socket almost falls out of my eyes when I saw a girl standing infront of my fridge. Getting food inside of it. I was froze in my spot, my brain and body stops functioning for a moment.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?" I scremed out of my lungs when I get recovered and pointed what's my hand to her.

She peeked behind the refrigerator before closing it. She tilted her head on the side and observe me before bursting oit to laughter. I got confused at her behavior.

"W-why are you laughing?!" I hissed and walks closer to her. "Don't eat my food!" I snatch the food on her hand of put it back inside the refrigerator.

"Hey!" She whined and pouted.

That's when I get a closer look of her face. She's paler than me, almost the same height. Black locks, heart shaped lips, pointed nose and a beautiful pair of eyes. I got mesmerized, but who the fuck is this girl and how the hell did she get here!?
...