Chapter Fourteen - Tidal Wave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c h a p t e r  f o u r t e e n

{Tidal Wave}

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Can I look yet?"

"No, keep your eyes closed," he demands. I hear keys jingling followed by a door creaking open. He places his hand on my shoulders, guiding me somewhere unknown. The longer his hands stay, the more I feel they will burn a hole through my skin.

"Stay here, open your eyes when I say," he begins a countdown from five. When he reaches one, I open my eyes and blink away the fluorescent lights.

I speechlessly walk forward into the vast apartment. It's mostly white, but red bricks decorate the northern wall, adding character. The foyer's connected to the living room, which connects to the kitchen.

I turn in awe. "Don't tell me—"

"That I bought it? Yes," he says. "Welcome to my new apartment."

His new apartment... I hope this Isn't a result of everything that occurred with Blake. However, that's too nosey to ask, so I stay quiet and enjoy the tour. I follow him throughout the house; he explains the purchasing process and how he's settling in. He also divulges how expensive the place was, but I already could tell from the location. 

"This is my bathroom," he opens the door inside his bedroom. I over-dramatically gasp, which causes him to laugh. He might think I'm joking, but I have a deep love for oversized bathrooms.

I take my shoes off and climb into the bathtub. "This looks like a hot tub," I say, slumping against the cool white porcelain and closing my eyes. It's so large, I have inches of legroom left; although it might just be because of how short I am.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Jayden asks. I open my eyes to find him sitting at the foot of the bathtub looking at me.

"Very much," I nod and shut my eyes once more with a satisfied grin.

"You know if you wanted," He strings his words out to catch my attention. It does, and I peak at him. "You can be the first to bathe in here. Only if you want."

I swallow hard.

My words lodge in my throat and I can't get them out. My brain isn't forming coherent thoughts and I suddenly spurt out, "I don't have clean clothes."

"You can wear something of mine." He is quick to answer.

"Where will you be?"

Leaning in, he whispers, "Wherever you want me to be."

I abruptly stand and carefully step out of the tub. We stand face to face, his hands gently brush against mine, and then I lean down to start the bath. Water comes sputtering out of the shiny nozzle, breaking the silence that lingers between us.

He's messed with my mind all night, whether he knows it, and I'm ready to mess back.

I take his hand and place it on my skirt zipper. Without breaking eye contact, and with my hand on top of his, I help guide the zipper down until the skirt loosens around my waist. Thankfully, it's too tight to fall.

One quick tug to the fabric causes my lace panties to peek out of the waistband. He automatically tries to look, but I pull his chin back up with my finger. My heart pounds against my chest, like a bomb waiting to explode.

"No looking," I scold and see a pained expression cross his face. I try my best not to laugh as I reach for the buttons of my shirt.

"T-the towels are in that closet." He stutters, pointing behind me. "Soaps are in my shower. I'll set clean clothes on the bed."