Chapter 19

Ava's POV

I was just lying on the bed. Lost deep in my thoughts. When someone poked me on the side of my stomach. I turned to look at the culprit who was looking at me with smug expression.

"Oh now you wanna play with me huh? Then explain to me young man why did you side Mr. Rudy at that time? You ditched me. I'll not play with you. Go play with your new buddy. " I said.

He looked at me. Giving me the puppy dog eyes look. It made me feel guilty. He is just a kid after all.

"Oh don't give me that look."

His lower lip started trembling. Oh my baby. I hurried to grab him and placed him on my lap. I hugged him tight as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"Aww bubby. I'm sorry." I said as I kissed his head. He looked up at me and smiled. Oh my god.

"You played me didn't you? You cheeky little monkey. You are becoming so naughty."

He kept smiling and played with my hair. I can't help but wander my thoughts back to the dinner. He asked me to have dinner with him!

I'm getting all tingly due to nervousness everytime I think about it. This feels different. Good in an unknown way. I haven't been asked on a date before.

"What's makes you think it's a date?" Said my subconscious.

Well, how would I if haven't been on one? Maybe it's just a dinner?

"Maybe. Maybe not."

Oh god. I know nothing about these stuffs. Ugh what am I gonna wear?

"What am I gonna wear Alex?"

He looked up at me with a confused expression. Then I got an idea.

"Now you've got to help me mister."

I placed him on the bed. Using the pillows I created support so that he doesn't fall. I gave him his teether toy.

I took out all the outfits that Adele had given me. I laid them on the bed. I picked up one.

"Alex. How is this?"

"Booo". Ok not this.

I picked the next one. "How about this?"

He shook his head. Ughh this is more difficult than I thought.

After showing five more outfits to him. I found something. Can this be it?

"So how about this?" He stared for a while. I waited for him to respond. And finally I could see a bright smile on his face. He clapped and giggled.

"And there's the verdict. You really like this huh?"

He crawled on the bed towards me. He raised his hands gesturing me to pick him up.

"Thanks bubba. You really helped." I said as I kissed and squished both his chubby cheeks. I hugged him tight.

Attire for the evening is set.

____________________________________

I was getting ready putting on the dress Alex had approved. That kid got great taste in fashion. It was a black floral lace dress with short sleeves. It had a V neck and it came upto my knees. (A/N: I'm very bad at describing clothes☹) .

 (A/N: I'm very bad at describing clothes☹)