Chapter 29

THANK YOU FOR 200 READS♥️
____

"Appa!,"she screams excitedly, running towards him.

I stand there bewildered.

He bends down picking her up in his arms.
"It's oppa, darling," he corrects.
Then he turns to look at me. His smile is replaced with a smirk.

"Hey, don't worry, I'm not married yet."

I feel a little relieved. But,hey this was not what I had imagined our first conversation in years to be.

"She is one of my colleague's daughter,"he knocks me out of my thoughts. He sits on his chair placing the little girl, gently on his lap. She doesn't say anything and instead only stares at me.

"Ohh..Okay."

"Come take a seat. You have been standing there for a while now."

This causes me to realize why I was actually here. So is he the CEO of this company? I mean this is one of the most powerful company among the others in this industry.
Or did he just enter the wrong room?
Or was he waiting for someone?

"So..you own this place?" I speak my thoughts.

"Yea, you could say that."
I look around the room in astonishment,again.
He owns this place. Wow.

Then I realize,
Jungkook is buying the orphanage.
Am I thinking the right thing?

"Are you buying the orphanage?" My thoughts turn into words.

"Yes."

"What do you plan on doing after? Are you going to demolish the building?"

"Huh? No. Why would I do that?"

"Oh."

Finally, Mr.Jeon's words make sense now. He said that he couldn't deny the request because it was Jungkook who requested it.

But why? Why would he want to buy it anyways? I don't think he would earn any profit from it.

I feel a little uncomfortable under his gaze. It's been years but it doesn't seem like. He looks just as young.
Am I the only one who feels nervous?
Why does he affect me so much?
Do I still love him? What about him? Does he?

I do not know. Maybe I still do love him. I never felt like this before. Yes,many men approached me but I had rejected them politely. Why did I?
I never once saw anyone other than him in a different way. Why?

Yes, I still do love him. Love? Maybe this was what it felt like.

"But why? I don't think it would profit you. I mean why would you buy it anyways?"
I finally bring out the words.

"My dad was going to sell it to some company who wanted to build a factory there and I bought it instead. Shouldn't you be happy?"

"Yes. I'm am," am I really? At least I'm happy that I got to meet him.

"You don't look like you are."

"Huh? No," I decline.

"I was happy I bought it cause I think that place holds a special place in my heart,"he smiles.

A special place?
I nod, understanding.

"So you aren't going to do anything with it? Then..I should leave..I came here to actually convince the person who was buying it...I expected some stern old man with spectacles."

"Yea,I'm not going to do anything with it,"he laughs.

"I'll get going then. I don't want to waste your time," I stand up to leave.

I bow at him and wave at the little girl before moving towards the door.

He stands up placing the girl on the chair.
I don't turn instead keep moving forward.
Before I could reach the handle of the door, a hand sneaks around my waist and I'm turned around.
Before I could process anything, a pair of lips crash against mine.
Jungkook traps me between his arms. He moves his lips softly and I follow him.
My legs feel like jelly. The only thing that helps me to stand are his arms around my waist.
As he deepens the kiss, the pressure on me increases and I fall to the ground. My vision is blurred and then black dots fill my vision before i close my eyes.