XXIII

Trying to hold on, but you didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside
~ Linkin Park, In The End

We ended up on the couch making out. Me in my bra and jeans with Erik in nothing but his jeans. Our shirts discarded on the floor.

Kissing him was addictive and thrilling.

It was like an adrenaline rush that set every organ on fire.

And I couldn't get enough, nor could Erik.

"They'll be back soon." I breathe out as Erik kisses down my neck.

"So? It wouldn't be the first time they have walked in on something like this." He mumbles into my neck, tickling me with his breath.

"Erik." The plea in my voice causes him to stop and to look at me.

"Avril, it's okay." He says, brushing a strand of hair away from my face as I sit on his lap, straddling him. "Have you never had someone walk in on you with past boyfriends?"

"Boyfriend. I've only ever dated one guy and no, never." I blush, knowing the places Erik has been with girls. Many of them in public. I feel shy now.

Here I am with a guy who has been with more women than I am old, probably in the last year, and I've been with two.

I know I shouldn't feel ashamed, but I do.

"Hey, stop that. I'm happy that you've been with two and that you haven't experienced fun yet. I get to be the one to show you a whole new world and if that means taking things slowly at first or not having sex on the bus, I'll do it." He cups my face and holds it with his rough palms. "I want to take you somewhere tonight."

"But we are going to be on the bus all night, we are driving to the next city soon."

"We'll be late in the night, but we can still do what I have planned." I hesitate, before shaking my head at Erik who grins ear to ear at me, "you won't regret this Ray."

I roll my eyes at him as the door of the bus clicks open and four people stop in their tracks at the position of Erik and I. Both without shirts and me straddling him on the couch.

I hide my head in the crook of his neck pleading with myself not to be blushing, but from the heat I can feel on my cheeks, I know I'm bright red.

"Lucas, pay up." I groan as I hear Kyle tease Lucas, " I knew those two would end up hooking up."

"Alright, let's let them get dressed so we can eat. Oh, we're leaving for Orlando now." Scarlett says, "we got you guys food too if you're not full already."

I don't think I've been this mortified before.

"I blame you." I mumble into Erik's neck causing a booming laugh from him, "this isn't funny."

"They're gone, you can stop hiding in my neck." I push myself off of Erik and throw my shirt on before taking a seat at the table closest to the window. Erik comes to sit down by me and I give him an irritated look.

"It's not that bad." He rolls his eyes and sits down beside me, throwing his arm across the back of the booth.

"So what is this?" Scarlett takes the seat across from me and pulls the takeover to us. She unpacks the food as the three boys come out to join us, sitting where they can, Kyle of course sitting beside Scarlet leaving Devon and Lucas the couch.

I see the sadness in Lucas's eyes as he stares at Scarlett and Kyle.

I don't say anything and keep my head down, I don't see her, I don't hear her.

"Well, Scarlett, you see Avril has confessed her undying love for me," I don't let Erik continue as I land a good backhand on his chest and give him a glare that could scare the devil, but he seems unfazed. "Kinky, Ray."

"You two are weird." Scarlett shrugs her shoulders unfazed and opens her takeout, "seriously though, it this just for fun or serious?"

"We'll see how it goes," Erik says, not looking at me, I know he doesn't want to hurt me. "Would you two quit hitting me all the time? You're worse than Kyle if Kyle could actually hit."

"Why are you such an asshole?" Kyle lifts an eyebrow at Erik as he stops midway to his mouth with his fork.

"Someone has to be." Erik just casually shrugs his shoulders.

He's lucky he's good looking or I would worry about him and his attitude.

"So, we got what, a 7-hour bus ride ahead of us? Nap time?" Devon calls out from the couch, startling me as I had forgotten he was even there.

"Oh, a nap sounds so good right now." Scarlett agrees.

I roll my eyes at Scarlett as she rambles on about her ideal nap, with both Lucas and Kyle staring at her with adoration in their eyes.

"I think I'm gonna join that nap," Kyle says as he scarfs down the rest of his takeout.

Slowly, they start to dwindle out and to their bunks, even Erik, leaving Lucas and me.

I haven't really talked to Lucas, it's never just been the two of us.

I turn to look at him, his face is buried in his phone and he seems to be thinking about something.

"What are you thinking about?" I rest my chin on my folded hands on top of the booth as I peer down at him.

"Just how to tell someone that I like them, it's just hard seeing the person you're in love with someone else." Lucas sighs as he leans his head back and turns his phone over on his lap.

"Does this person even have a clue that you're in love with them?" Suddenly I'm back home laying on my bed with my younger brother giving him advice about girls.

My heart aches to see Marcus again.

"No, no one does."

"What are you scared of losing? If this person doesn't love you, then you pick the pieces up and repeat till you find someone who puts them together." I give Lucas the same advice as I did Marcus who seems to think it's a load of shit.

"I have a lot to lose, if this person doesn't feel the same way about me, which I don't think he does, I lose everything." Lucas runs his hands down his face in frustration.

So Lucas is interested in men, interesting.

He and Marcus would be the cutest, now only to get my brother to America.

"Lucas, who's the guy?" He looks hesitant to tell me, as if his world will deconstruct by doing so.

"You have to promise not to tell." He looks worried, which worries me.

"I promise Lucas, you have my word." I smile at him, crossing my heart.

He takes a deep, calming breath before telling me, "it's Kyle."

Edited by GirlReader133