EIGHTEEN

HUI —

hui woke up to both a topless hyuna and hyojong. he moved a little, silently moving out of the bed and averting his eyes best he could from hyuna's bare chest.
she stirred immediately, as did hyojong. they both sat up at the same time.

"get a room, you two," hui said, rolling his eyes.

"shut the hell up, this is the only one." hyuna responded. "hyojong, can you fetch me my bra or something?"
hui faked puking, grabbing hyojong's  cigarette pack and walking out the door.

while hui waited, he glanced at the lighter in his hands and got an idea.
not a good idea.

but an idea.

hui leaned against the door frame. "since we're already going to jail and hell, doesn't it seem fitting to commit a few more crimes?" he lit the lighter. "like arson?"

"yes!" hyojong said, jumping up and laughing.

"no??" hyuna said, sitting hyojong back down and casting hui a are you fucking serious don't say this too the probable pyromaniac look. "what if we actually get caught this time? what then?"

"plus," hyojong offered. "it'd ruin my goal to finish what i tried to end."

hui and hyuna went silent.

"but i still want to do it. what building?"

"hyojong-" hyuna started. "the police station. light one up around the back and toss that motherfucker right on it," hui said.

hyojong grabbed his windbreaker, a spare lighter, matches, and chips, and proceeded to walk to the doorway. the two headasses, otherwise known as men, stared back at the frozen hyuna. "are you guys serious?" she managed. "yes," they replied. "now let's go!" hui said, racing to the car.

★★★

hui sped down the road, making sharp lefts and rights to the police station. hyojong sat in the front, flipping the switch on his seat and leaning all the way back. hyuna played with his hair, bopping her head to the radio, which was playing nct's black on black. the minute yukhei's part came on everyone started laughing and screaming the lyrics.

"he sounds so dumb... the lyrics!"
"hui..." hyojong said.
"huh?"
"get your freak on."

hui hit him lightly in the thigh, chuckling. "oh, look. the police station," he muttered, driving past it and pulling into a gas station parking lot.

they climbed out of the car, sunglasses down and lighters ready. hyuna wasn't really too sure about this one, but - fuck it. you only live once, right? and as of right now, she was living for hyojong. and he seemed to really wanna do this.

hyojong giggled. a joke in his head? the excitement of commiting arson? who knows.

the three had discussed in the car what they'd do. hyojong would start smoking around the back, as would hyuna and hui. hyojong would flick his cig to the bushes. within all the commotion of flames, hyuna and hui would throw theirs in, too. simple plan, but they'd have to hurry as to not be caught. none of them had very good relationships with cops.

hyojong lit his lighter, holding it close to the cigarette. he put it down and blew out a puff of smoke. hyuna coughed a little, waving it from her face. "try not to blow me out or something."

"but isn't that what you did last-"

"smoke! i meant SMOKE me out you crackwhore." hyuna coughed loudly, pushing hyojong on the shoulder. hui turned around. "you guys okay? why are you calling him a crackwhore?"

"thank god you didn't hear any of that." hyuna sighed, lighting hui's cig. he blew out smoke in another direction. "see," she said. "that's how you do it." hyojong shrugged.

once all three were slowly giving themselves lung cancer, the plan set to action. hyojong quietly lit flames to the bushes. he watched it erupt in fire, slowly. the others tossed theirs in too.

and then they ran.

you could hear the siren going off, the yelling in the distance. legs and arms pumped towards the car. hui unlocked the door. "hyuna!" she turned her head. "you're driving!" she nodded. hyojong threw open the car door and crashed in the back. the doors slammed, and they sped off.

in the rear view mirror, you could see the flames that had engulfed the building. the officers that were there stood outside on their phones, probably calling the fire department.

this felt so, so wrong. this was arson. this was illegal. they could go to jail for this, if they were caught alive. this was bad. lives could be lost, they'd already taken away two. they'd spent money that wasn't theirs, stole a car, commited manslaughter, killed someone, stolen, and now lit up a building.

but, as they sped off, hui couldn't help but wonder why it felt so right.

sigh hewwo guys!!! stream shoot me and dance the night away. mwah zarangay.