Chapter 17: The Rise of A QueenPin👑

30 Minutes Later

The warm water seemingly whisked all the negative emotions away. She stepped out stress free and ready to enjoy whatever surprise PK had in store for her.
Riiiiiiinnnngggggg.....Riiiinnnnggggg

Sigh.
Its Lexi.

"Hello?"
"What's up Z?" She asked, somberly.
"Not much, I just got out the shower. What's up?" Zya asked.
"Simone got killed last night..." Lexi's tears were clear through the phone.
"Whhhhaaattt? What the fuck happened?"
"She was at some spot with Corey, he say the spot got robbed & they shot up the place. But miraculously, none of his fucking crew got hurt!" Lexi was pissed.
"Okayyyy so what you think really happened?" Zya was kinda interested. Niggas was really out robbing spots, but why was Simone the only one caught in the crossfire if a shootout occurred?
"I think that FUCKER set her up thats what the fuck I think!"
"Look, imma make a couple calls and see if I hear anything." Zya said her condolences, and ended the call.
The streets of Detroit were definitely buzzing and she felt like she needed to be s part of the action.
"B...Come back to the room. We gotta talk..."
Send.
She threw her damp hair into a ponytail. She eased into a basic black Polo T-shirt and denim shorts with black sandals. The view of New York from the window encapsulated her in warm sunshine as she waited for PK.
"Riiiiiiiiinnggg....Riiinnnnngggg...."

Que.

"Hey Que !" Zya was actually happy to hear from somebody who could make her smile.
"Biiitttccchhhh !!!!! Somebody broke in the club!!! I just got here to try to clean up a Lil bit but babbbby this place is in shambles. The office door is kicked in, bar is completely dry, the basement door hangin off the hinges too but you know I'm not going down there honey!" Que spoke fast, but efficiently.
"I have not called PK yet, I literally just walked in and am walking through this place as we speak. Its bad mama."
Zya took a deep breath. Simone, now this. And PK not even aware.
"Que, thank you for calling boo, he on his way here so I'm about to let him know. Please get outta there and lock the gate"
"Yes ma'am. Call me later, okay?"
She sunk into the soft leather chair towards the fireplace. She felt extremely overwhelmed, and even sad about Simons's death.
"WHERE THE FUCK IS ANGEL" She said, out loud, rising to her feet. She snatched her phone from the windowsill. Just as she formulated the perfect text to this bitch, PK opened the door to the suite.
"What's up baby? You look bomb, what's the deal you supposed to meet me downstairs?" He said, wrapping his arms around her. She looked up at him. She was about to break his heart. For sure. But it was no way she could hold this conversation off. How would it look, him having to hear about his business being ransacked and destroyed, possibly robbed, from somebody else when she knew first. She took a step back.
"Baby. I just got two calls. One from Lexi, telling me that Simone may have been set up by a Stone Brother, she's dead and......uhhh....Que called.....he told me.... She dropped her head. Somebody broke in Angel's & destroyed it. Its fucked up baby. The office door is kicked in, as well as the basement..."
Zya's eyes stayed on the ruby red plush carpeting.
"WHAT THE FUCK?!" He grabbed his phone from the coffee table and searched through his contacts.
"TWINN? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON OUT THERE?? DID YOU EVER LEAVE THE D?? AWWW FUCK TWINN, WHY THE FUCK YOU AINT TELL ME BRO?! YOU OUT THERE ON THEM HOT ASS STREETS WITH NO BACKUP!! MU OUT HERE WIT ME..DUMB SHIT"
Zya's couldn't hear the other end of the conversation but she knew who it was. She couldn't help but wonder if the destruction at Angel's was a retaliation for the niggas we killed that night? Or was his Dependant ass ex behind the shit. She wouldn't be surprised to find Tamisha sniffing behind this bullshit.
"NIGGAS TORE THE CLUB UP, PROLLY HIT THE FUCKIN STASHES, AND IF THE STASHES IS HIT ANGEL IS A DEAD WOMAN WALKIN AND ANYBODY BREATHIN AROUND THAT BITCH IS DEAD TOO! I'LL HOLLA AT YOU LATER SIS ." He said, ending the call.
By this time, Zya had retaken her seat in the leather chair.
"Turns the fuck out, Twinn ass still in Detroit. She never went to Tahoe like she said she was. I got yo stuff downstairs anyway cuz I was bouta take you to Florida but clearly boss lady we got some grown business to take care of at home..." He stepped toward her and grabbed her hand. She stood and acknowledged him. He took her into his arms.
"Can you handle this?" He asked.
"I think I can...." She Replied.
"It might get ugly baby....bodies might drop behind this..."
Goosebumps covered her skin.
"I'm down..." She said.
"Let's go then...but, put them Air Max's on..." She quickly changed her shoes, gathered her combs and toothbrush from the bathroom counter and threw them into her crossbody Gucci purse. As they made their way down the hall and toward the elevator, he looked at his side and admired her beauty. She was something different of course, he'd been saying that from the start. They boarded the elevator and took the slow ride down to the lobby where Damu was waiting.
"Everything good bro?" Damu asked as they rounded the corner into the bar area of the hotel.
"Hell nah bro. Shit far from good. Imma tell you on the way to the airport. We not going to Florida no more either and once I tell you why you'll understand"
"Awww shiieeetttt" Damu complained as they exited the property and hopped in the rented Mercedes.
The first 5 minutes of the ride was silent. Zya got on Facebook, only to see countless videos of the moments leading up to the shootout at Angels. One of the videos immediately caught her attention. She replayed it over and over. This video showed the moment the gunfire started.
"THATS SMOKE!!! THAT'S FUCKIN SMOKE STONE SHOOTING UP MY FUCKIN PARTY BABY IT WAS HIM!!"
she showed the video to PK who was sitting in the back with her. Damu was behind the wheel.
"Oohhh shit." PK said as he watched the video.
"Now why the fuck would he do something so fucking stupid?" Damu said, laughing.
"This is weird baby. Smoke fuck with Lexi. Angel owned up to setting the whole thing up." Zya's mind was on the brink of exploding.
What the fuck. Smoke was there with them at the club. She remembered him. She also knew he was involved with Lexi. So why would Smoke shoot up a party that he knew his woman was going to be at?
"I wanna know how Angel know Smoke.....and does Angel know Lexi?" Zya said to no one in particular.
"Call her and see...." PK said, handing Zya his phone.
She pressed Angel's contact. It rang a few times.
"What the fuck do you want?" Angel spat into the phone.
"Bitch I wanna know how you know Smoke enough to have him shoot up my fucking birthday party..."

CLICK.