Thirty Seven: Stop

"N-Never mind, you probably think I'm strange", [Name]'s face grew red as no answer from Oikawa came.

The boy was still looking on the side, with his fringe covering his eyes.

[Name] wished for the ground to open up. Why did she have to go and say all of these embarrassing things? She knew it would have been better to keep it to herself, yet the boy's presence somehow pushed her to confess her admiration for his volleyball. She moved, wanting to stand up and somehow run away from the awkward situation, but she suddenly felt Oikawa's hand grabbing hers.

As she turned around to him, she realised that he was still hiding his face from her. Even though, his grasp was strong enough for her to understand - he didn't want her to go.

Slowly, she kneeled in front of him She moved her head closer to his, trying to see what kind of expression he was wearing. Oikawa gasped lightly and turned his head to the side, avoiding [Name]'s inquiring look. The girl pouted. She stretched her shaking hand towards Oikawa's face and touched his warm cheek. She shoved his fringe away from his face and saw the big blush it was covered with. Surprised boy widened his eyes and turned his head towards [Name], whose face was also slowly becoming red.

For a moment they remained in this position, gazing at each other and feeling their hearts beating madly. Only after a while Oikawa made a move.

He reached for [Name]'s hand and slowly put it off his face.

"You're amazing, [Name]-chan", he said and started closing the gap between their lips.

The girl felt as if her heart was getting closer to exploding with every inch Oikawa was breaking between them. She couldn't move, or rather, she didn't want to move. Her lips were tingling, craving to meet Oikawa's.

Millimetres were separating them when someone's voice suddenly stopped them.

"Whoops, did I interrupt you?"