- bonus chapter i

quick author's note! so as you all know, this book is closing in on its end and to answer your questions, unfortunately i will not be making a sequel to this book as i currently have no inspiration whatsover about where i'm going to take this story.

i've been trying to write an epilogue but just couldn't see to find a perfect way to end this story. and so, i decided upon making a few bonus chapters to sort of give you guys a glimpse of how jax and alex's story continue on in the future.

hope you enjoy!

- two years later -

"You know, it's normal to be hung up after a break up but I think you're overstaying your welcome at the depressed and gloomy zone."

"I'm not hung up, I'm over it."

Magnus snorted, "You call moping around your apartment and going to the bar every other night as 'over it'?"

Jax rolled his eyes, slumping down on the couch with his arms crossed over his chest and eyes closed. "At least I'm seeing other guys, aren't I?"

"Oh, honey, you're not seeing them, you're sweeping through them," Magnus paused to snap his fingers then suddenly, a wine glass appeared on his right hand and he took a light sip of the wine before continuing. "You see, it's like a cycle. You try to find other guys who are exactly like Alec, only to dump them when you realize that they're not even remotely close to your precious raven haired Shadowhunter. And then you either get drunk off your ass or you just mope around and complain about how much you miss him. But oh hell no you're not gonna call him. And then you start the whole cycle all over again."

Jax still didn't open his eyes as he mumbled. "Yep, sounds about right." Jax knew that his careless 'I'm over him' act can't fool Magnus, the warlock knew him well enough to know that Jax wasn't fine, he wasn't okay. He really loved Alec and this breakup was taking a toll on him. The only thing he's been doing is spending almost every night getting drunk on a bar or going on crappy dates with other guys.

He wasn't proud of what he was doing but it was the only way that he could forget about Alec fucking Lightwood. Alec and his pretty eyes, and his beautiful laugh, and his dazzling smile, and their relationship that lasted for only two years—Fuck, don't go there again.

"By the Angel, why don't you just take him back?" Magnus whined. He dramatically dropped his hands on the table, shooting Jax a desperate look. "You know he's back at the Institute again, He's not travelling to Paris anymore."

Of course Jax knew. Clary told him. Isabelle told him. Jace told him. Hell, even Maryse told him that. All on separate occasions, and they all denied they were involved in some sort of conspiracy.

But even if he took Alec back, nothing's changed. And they didn't exactly ended on the greatest terms. It may or may not involve Jax stomping into a Clave meeting at the Institute and screaming at Alec to go choke on demon blood. Dumping Alec in the most ungraceful manner while in a fit of rage was now his least proud moment.

Jax felt his jaw locked tight, his stubborness wouldn't let him pick up the damn phone and apologize to Alec. Though he regret the way he ended things, he still felt like he had a good enough reason to.

With his eyes still closed, he could hear Magnus sigh and the warlock's steps as he left the room, leaving Jax to try to stop the pounding in his head and the aching in his heart.