Chapter 23; The girl who broke down, and the boys who cares

Another chapter so soon?! I must be sick!

*Unedited (Is anyone even surprised?)*

Enjoy the chapter!

*

I dreamt of my parents.

I haven't thought about them in a very long time, so the fact that they appeared was a surprise to me.

We were in the car, driving for a very long time as we returned home from a vacation somewhere in the mountains.

And then my life changed.

The car apparently had something wrong with it, and it made my mom crash the car.

They were killed on the spot. I only got out with my condition; photophobia.

After that, my aunt was the one who got custody on me. She claimed Uncle Bart was too irresponsible to take care of five years old baby who liked hitting people with her tiny fists. Needless to say, she was very much right.

When I slowly began to regain consciousness and my dream slowly faded, I heard deep male voices talking.

I laid in a soft bed and felt a blanket covering me. There was a weird, alcoholic scent that made me wonder if I was in the hospital.

I opened eyes and bright, white lights greeted me. Turning my head to the side, my gaze landed on Grey and Officer Jason.

I groaned once, feeling the start of a horrible headache.

"Turn off the lights," I mumbled, making the two men quiet down and glance at me as I pressed my palm to my eyes. A moment passed and I felt a relief as the lights were dimmer now, a glance told me that only a small light was on. It was enough to look around the room without it hurting my eyes.

I met Grey's glance, and aside from the fact that him being here was odd, the worry and concern were so visible in his eyes it shocked me. Maybe he did care about his brother's new girl friend after all. I wonder if he cared about Caleb.

I really wanted him to.

"Okay?" he asked in a low voice, as if he was afraid my head would hurt more.

I nodded once and then found myself smiling at him, my face turned towards him as I laid there.

"Hey, dark prince." I greeted. Grey stared at me for a moment, before a smile formed on his face, brightening his tired looking face. "Hey Rhi the rhino." I looked at his blue mixed with grey eyes for a second before I started to giggle.

"Wow, that's a first," I told him. "I like it. Call me Rhino from now on, please." He raised a brow, still grinning.

"Rhi, I know it might not be the best time but-" Jason started to say, but I quickly cut him off. "I'll tell you everything, it's okay." He nodded, then sat down on a chair besides Grey.

I told them everything that happened. From the moment Mr. Hobson called me in to the principal's office -which they told me that apparently he already left to go for a meeting, and so did the secretary-, to them moment he stuck a syringe in my arm that made me dizzy and weak.

Apparently, the main reason they took me to the hospital was because Mr. Hobson injected me with some type of drug, and that was why I had hard time fighting back. They wanted to make sure the drug was out of my system.

"And then he said that I was going to end up like 'those boys', and then he'll finally get some peace and quiet." I finished, taking the glass of water Officer Jason brought me. "I assumed he meant the boys that disappeared. Maybe he had something to do with it?" I added, moving the pillows behind my back as I now sat up instead of laying.