chapter 27

Lake

Just like the tree house had been a childhood spot for them, the lake was too, but unlike the tree house the lake had only their memories. They used to sneak out to come here.

Nandini had always loved water, the calmness of the lake intrigued her. Make her feel peaceful. It was a place she could feel all here problems go away and she shared this place with Manik.

N : it looks so beautiful at night

Nandini went ahead and sat by the shore, touching the water. A reflection of the moon could be seen clearly in the lake and the moonlight making nandini look heavenly.

Manik came and sat beside her, entwining their fingers, nandini kept her head on his shoulder staring into nothingness.

M : I know that is why I brought u here. It has been such a long time.

N : but still nothing has changed. U, me and the surroundings.

Manik smiles at her and nods in acceptance. It was true nothing had actually changed, if their feelings for each other weren't counted.

Manik had already fallen for her, it has been a while but nandini it was new for her. She had been with Manik most of her childhood but now the situation seemed changed. Their dynamics were different. He made her feel what she had never experienced before. His presence, his touch, his mere breath which was falling on the nape of her neck was giving her goosebumps. She didn't know what to make of it.

While for Manik, nandini was the answer to everything, he never thought twice when it came to her, he just knew nandini was the one and he could never deny it. It's not like it was easy for him,and that too when he knew Nandini was not at the same page as him, but then again love doesn't ask for permission, it just happens, something you have no control over.

They were busy in their own thoughts, ironically thoughts that included the other one, but scared to voice them.

N : penny for your thoughts

Manik grinned at the irony she was saying a penny, he would give a million if he could even have a small peek at what was going on in her head.

M : u tell me first

N : nothing specific

M : u know I can read u clearly right, when u are ready to say ask me then.

Nandini shakes her head as if she should have known when was the last time she lied to him, she could never and if she tries, he knows somehow.

A shooting star just passes in front of them making nandini gleam with happiness.

N : make a wish

Nandini closes her eyes and makes a wish, and when she looks back at him she sees him gazing at her.

M : nandini

It was almost a whisper as if she wasn't meant to hear it.

N : u had to close your eyes manik

M : some wishes are to be made with open eyes. What did u ask for

N : if I tell you it won't come true. Ask me some other time maybe I will tell u.

Manik stands up tugging her wrist.

M : let's go back it's late.

Nandini agrees and they leave.

----
They enter the gates of murthy mansion and Manik stops the car in driveway. Before nandini could move manik gets out runs towards her side and offers her his hand. Nandini smiles takes his hand and gets out.

N : being too much of a gentleman today

M : thought to do it right

N : I had a good time

M : I am glad

Nandini has a constant grin on her face, she goes on her tiptoes and kisses his cheek.

N : good night Manik

M : good night

Nandini goes towards the door turns and sees manik driving out and then gets in, her grin intact.

-----
Murthy mansion
Hall

Nandini is going towards the stairs but then hears a voice

S : aren't you late?

Nandini gets startled and turns around.

S : sorry

N : no it's okay

S : where were you? Actually nevermind don't answer that, I saw the car

N : after the party we went out bhai

S : relationship in progress I see.

N : u are always teasing me, what about u and anika di or should I call her bhabhi.

S : nandini good attempt at changing the subject

N : mine or yours

S : fine u don't ask me and I don't ask u.

N : fair enough bhai. Let's take our own time to open up.

S : yes I'll get going then. Oh and by the way I have no problem with Manik but remmember u have a curfew and it's 10pm,

Nandini starts climbing the stairs.

N : right bhai, and yes I definitely approve of anika di.

S : nandini

N : just saying

Shivaay chuckles and leaves while nandini also goes back to her room.

Afterall it was an eventful night, the time spent with Manik was beautiful but it also brought many unknown emotions of her heart into notice.

-----
That's it for today

Yes update is quite small but it was an
early update

Anika oberoi : has an on and off relationship with shivaay murthy,although it is hidden from their parents . Like an elder sister to nandini, although she belongs to a rich family but is quite down to earth. Also she is a relative of Manik through his mother's side.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Precap : Raksha Bandhan