24. Ill?

A/N Sorry I haven't updated for a while. I have been thinking of putting this book on hold and with my A/N I was doubting even keeping this book. Anyway thank you for 50K!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that people still read this book

Ai Jei POV

I stared at my husband is disbelief. He refused royalty for poor old me. Jokes I would've killed him and that princess if he had agreed. As I sat in the carriage on my way back to our palace I started to feel bile rise in my throat. The second we arrived back at my quarters I stumbled out of the carriage and vomited.

I wasn't aware of my surrounding or the fact that the surrounding servants were quickly waved away. Once I had finished emptying my stomach of last nights dinner I became aware of a gentle rubbing on my back. I turned and there stood Xi holding a handkerchief to his nose comforting me.
"Little one I think it's best you rest for tonight."

As soon as I reached my quarters I once again retched and my body tried to rid itself of food it didn't contain. Eventually I fell asleep and felt myself being lifted away from the couch area where I had been retching. I felt someone place me onto a bed and tuck me in. That person then lay next to me and I burrowed into their chest for comfort, leading to a deep rumble of laughter to emirate from the chest.

The next morning I woke up to see no one next to me even though I could've sworn I was cuddling with someone last night. Quickly, I got dressed and walked to the building where we ate our meals. When I arrived I saw Xi there talking to some officials. As he noticed me he sent them away with a flick of his wrist and motioned for me to come and sit next to him.
"How are you feeling? Are you feeling better?" He asked stroking my hair softly. In response I nodded and pressed myself closer to his side.

Later that day I was walking around with Huang, talking about the training of the new recruits and how to make the initiation process harder when I started to fell slightly light headed. However I was determined to keep walking with him and walk I did.

Huang POV

Since we'd started our walk I had noticed that the young Miss was acting abnormal she would start to sway while walking then stop and steady herself. Being the loyal servant I am I made sure to keep a good eye on her as we walked and talked.

Just as we were doing the routine checks on the household the young miss's eyes rolled backwards into her skull and she collapsed. Luckily and somehow master Xi was there to catch her and he frabtically carried her away. Yelling for a doctor.