Chapter 68

You are getting ready for the party. You had everything you needed. Hank wasn't coming and neither was anybody else. It was just going to be you and Connor. You had to dress fancy for this. Everybody that was going was wealthy. You and Connor were ready. This was going to be dangerous, but you knew you could do it. Scarlett had the perfect dress for you to wear.

(Since not everybody likes blue or this shade of blue, you may change the color

(Since not everybody likes blue or this shade of blue, you may change the color. Never said you couldn't, anyway.)

"Scarlett, don't you think this is a bit much?"

"Listen (Y/n), you're going to a gangster's mansion. Women are expected to look sexy, noticeable, and rich. Plus, you never know when you're going to have to flirt with security. Wearing that, you can't get any boy to spill information. Plus, with the cut in the bottom, it'll make it easier your you to fight if it comes down to that. Trust me, I've thought this through perfectly." She said. You chuckled.

"Alright alright. I trust you. I just don't want people staring at me." You said.

"There's going to be fancier dresses sis, I can guarantee. You both just need to look fancy enough." She explained. You nodded. You went back downstairs and Connor's face burst out blue when he saw you. You rolled your eyes.

"Come on Connor. You better not blush at the party or we're screwed." You said. He looked embarrassed. You laughed. You kissed his cheek and then you both headed out.

"Be careful!" Carl called.

"I know!" You called back. You both left and Connor drove you there.

"Sorry for staring." He said.

"It's fine, Connor." You replied. When you arrived there was a box outside the gate. Connor pressed the buzzer. You saw people driving up to the mansion ahead of you and there were cars behind you too.

"Password?" A deep voice said through the speaker.

"Black roses." Connor replied using Henry's voice. The light went green and you both smiled. You drove up and You both parked and got out of the car.

"Stay close to me." Connor said. You nodded. You both walked through the doors that were left open for everyone arriving. Two guards were on either side of them. You both walked past them and you let out the breath you'd been holding. Connor looked less nervous now too.

"So what should we be looking for?" You asked.

"There's no way we'll catch him at his own party. We have to find more information on his plans. Anything we can gather." Connor said.

"I've lived in a mansion all my life. If you want to hide something, it's either in the master's bedroom, or the basement." You said.

"Both of those areas are going to be guarded." He pointed out.

"If one isn't then we know it's not in there." You added.

"How are we even going to find those two places?" Connor asked. You looked around. People were having drinks and casually chatting with each other. You spotted a guard next to a staircase. 

Threat level: 32%

You kept looking, scanning the room. You saw a hallway with a key card lockable door at the end. You grinned. 

"There. That's our first lead." You said. Connor looked over and spotted it. He growled in frustration.

"No use. It's not a hand print so we can't hack it." He said. You thought about it.

"That guard, I bet he has a key." You said.

"That's risky." Connor countered.

"For you, maybe. For me, this should be quick. Wait here." You said. You walked over to him. He looked at you. His eyes widened a little and you caught him staring at your breasts. You forced yourself not to get upset. Pervert. You thought. 

"Can I help you miss?" He asked.

"I was wondering if you could show me where the food is? I can never find my way around these places. I always get lost." You said, fluttering your eyelashes and giving him the most innocent sweet face you could. His face went red. You grinned a little. 

"Right this way ma'lady." He said. You followed him and quickly scanned over his suit. You located the card clipped onto the side of his jacket. You carefully snatched it and hid it behind your back. You made it over to the table and you smiled at him.

"Thank you." You said sweetly. He grinned.

"Anytime miss. If you ever need me, just call. Name's Rick." He said. You smiled.

"(Y/n)." You replied. He smiled and left. You grinned and looked at the card. "Bingo." You hurried back over to Connor.

"Did you get it?"

"Of course." You said, handing him the card. He slipped it into a secret pocket on the inside of his jacket. He also had a gun in there, just in case. You both casually walked around, getting closer to the door. Once close to the hallway, you both made sure nobody was looking. You slipped around the corner and hurried toward it. Connor unlocked the door and you both slipped inside. "Easy." You said.

"We aren't done yet." He said. You both kept going. You soon spotted two guards in front of another door. You thought about what to do. You got an idea.

"Stay here." You walked toward them and they both looked surprised.

"What are you doing down here?" You spotted a camera. You hacked it and it powered off.

"I followed my friend down here, but I lost him on accident. Can you boys help me?" You asked. They both looked at each other.

"Sure." One said. You began to walk back toward where Connor was hiding.

"Get ready."

"Right." He replied. You walked past and Connor quickly knocked the first one out. You took down the second. You both kept going. You used the key card again. You both walked in and you were shocked. You were in a lab. You looked around. 

"What is this stuff?" You wondered aloud.

"I have no idea." Connor said. You looked into a dim tank. There was nothing in it. You scanned it. It was filled with...blue blood? You kept looking. You spotted more tanks. Some were filled with blue blood, others were filled with human and animal blood. You were really confused. You saw closed body size cases. Your made your skin disappear and you hacked into it. It opened and you shrieked. Connor rushed over to you. His eyes widened in shock. He held you close to him. It was an mutation of an android. It had added body parts and it was clear it was meant for war. It wasn't on and the skin was removed. It had dragon like wings, visible teeth like a sharks, and it had claws on it's hands and feet. You saw the label on the casing door. 'Deviant Slayer: prototype 7' You thought. 

"They're planning to slaughter us and replace us with remote control monsters." You said. Connor held you closer.

"Shh...we aren't gonna let that happen." He said. You had an idea.

"Give me the gun." You said. He did. You shot it all over it's body. "We've gotta wipe the computers and ruin the blood samples." You said. He nodded. Connor retrieved the information on the creatures as he wiped the computers. You grabbed some of the chemicals and began inserting them into the tanks. Once you both were done you left.

"That'll set them back at least." Connor said. You both made it out and you quickly left the scene. You were still kind of shocked by what you'd seen. "(Y/n)?" You looked over at Connor. "Are you alright?" You took a moment to reply.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine."