Epilogue

Hi there! I just thought that I'd let you know (if you didn't already) that this story has been rewritten and is currently on my Wattpad profile as either the Mature Version (smut) or the Clean Version (no smut)! 

I highly recommend you read one of those versions as it is the most up to date version if you loved this story :)

I really appreciate all of the support from all of my readers :)

Also, if you're interested, there's an IWAJAG server! With the help of some wonderful people from TikTok (gaytoe_sxguru and xiao_lver are their usernames on that platform), you can join the community and talk about all things IWAJAG, Drarry, Harry Potter, and more! My profile has the link in the description and it's pasted as a comment here! If you have any issues, feel free to message me! :)

--------------------------------------------

Draco was sprinting through the dark halls as fast as he could, just trying to find the right room. The night gave St. Mungos Hospital an eerie and abandoned feeling, even though there were plenty of nurses around. They all wore the same face, looking at him in utter dismay.

"Where's my Harry," he begged a short woman on the fourth floor- spell damage- but she just gave a blank stare as if she was too afraid to speak. "Where's his room, Harry Potter! Please! Does anybody know where my husband is!?"

Thankfully, down the hall, Ron heard Draco's yells and called him over. There was a bench outside of Harry's door where he was waiting, along with Hermione. The girl was crying and Ron was consoling her. When she saw the look in his eyes, she got up and gave him a hug, although it didn't do anything for him.

"What happened," Draco turned to Ron who was trying to hold himself together. The Weasley was still in his Auror uniforms and there was blood on them- Harry's blood. Draco himself was trying not to cry, but he was shaking and his whole body was numb.

"We were working on the Kline case and tracked him down in Knockturn Alley. When we went after him, Harry took a wrong turn, I dunno he seemed out of it. All I saw was him get hit and he smashed into a store through its window. After I stunned Kline, I went to go find him but he was completely blacked out. What happened between you two? He said you had a fight."

"It started with this stupid job of his and then it just kept going and it was this big domestic and... it wasn't that bad! I mean, compared to some of our others. We've been fighting so much recently..."

"He called you a control freak when I asked him about it."

Draco took several steps back, his jaw poking out. "Excuse me! The arse has decided that he shouldn't have to do the dishes after I cook for him, says he wants a nap after a long day of 'saving the world' and what he really means is PAPERWORK! That's all you aurors do, paperwork, and he thinks that after my long week of research and teaching and mentoring, that I don't do anything and I have to do all the chores. It's what we always do, whoever cooks doesn't have to clean. He's so bloody lazy," he spat, and then the realization hit him. "He didn't tell me he was going on a mission tonight!"

"I dunno," Ron said.

They just stood there, staring at him like they did fifteen years ago, when Harry walked to his death.

"I can't do this again," Draco started sobbing as he sat down and put his head in his hands. It was the fourth close call that his husband had encountered as an auror, and that was what most of their fights were about. No job was worth losing someone so important to him, and Harry would always argue that the situation was under control. Draco would then yell 'bollocks' and Harry would have 'the trust talk' with him. "Four times this has happened. I barely see him, maybe every other weekend... I can't live without him anymore!"