Adore Me In Shades of Red

Tiny fanged vampire bf AU! It's a little sad at some parts, but overall, it's cute and hot.
_____

Gerard was more than a fraction of exhausted when he was finished cleaning his room many weeks after he'd first been instructed to. Procrastination was his profession, he would tease, but his mother didn't find his joke very amusing. His mother was going out and she threatened to condemn Gerard to his room for two weeks if she returned and found he hadn't come close to beginning the chore he was assigned to. Gerard rolled his eyes and mumbled a reply, much to the disapproval of his mother. She never complained much about his messy habits, in her defense, but Gerard's lack of doing much around the house eventually crawled under her skin and pushed her towards her breaking point.

After a scolding and a light smack to the back of his head, Gerard begrudgingly hauled himself out from the comfort of his unmade bed to pick up the sea of junk lying around the room, washing and folding away the thick blankets he would see again when winter appeared around the corner again. For now, Gerard was left to dread the inevitable appearance of warmth that would soon gradually rise in temperature, announcing the muggy discomfort of summer sticking to his skin and striking him with the desire to peel it all back for relief. His mother promised the installation of an air conditioning system that operated far better compared to the feeble gusts of cool air their current one spat out through the vents, but she often made promises for things she never remembered within a month's time. Gerard would need to shop again for tiny shorts that disgusted his little brother, but offered relief to himself.

One thing Gerard reminded himself of at the mere thought of summer was the relief he would gain from his very own personal ice chest glued to his side most days. Gerard exaggerated, perhaps he wasn't as fresh as an ice chest, but his skin was a considerable amount of  degrees cooler than his own flesh due to the non-human blood flowing through his silver veins. It was similar to the feeling of Gerard's hands in the chilling bite of winter, before his fingers reddened at the tips, and not quite icy enough to make another person yelp from the touch of his palms. Frank's touch was like the soft kisses of delicate snowflakes melting against his skin whenever they gravitated towards each other, his kiss was the same as pecking a pair of lips chilled by ice cubes, nearing numbness from the cold. His own lips would gradually warm them and Frank would wriggle against his chest, tug him closer, desiring the sensation of his human warmth thawing the coolness of his vampiric body. His skin was so smooth, pale flesh with a golden hue left from the darker tone it was once when he lived a human life, and though he felt fragile, his strength couldn't be underestimated. He left bruises if he mindlessly gripped Gerard's hips whenever their kisses escalated.

Vampires were normal creatures to come across in the modern world. The discovery of their existence resulted in the apparition of thousands rising from their hiding spaces all across the globe, outnumbering armies of men with their strength and agile speed. For their abilities and their powers, humankind decided to spare them and allowed them into society to live without the fear of being exterminated. However, the amount of discrimination against their kind was repulsive, at the very least. Vampires were still feared and resented by thousands of humans who never accepted their entry into the world, as though they were vermin infecting the imperfection of the world, ultimately being viewed as the devil's creations wandering the earth to knock down humankind into the inferior race. Vampires were harmless; they only fed for their survival, each existing vampire had once been human. None of their kind were awakened with a barbaric gene somehow implanted inside them. If only everyone could see beyond the superhuman traits and into the human souls laying beneath the sharp teeth and the uncontrollable coldness of their flesh.

Vampires were separated from humans in any form possible. Education for the children was granted to them in schools reserved strictly for their kind. Although there was no difference in the amount of care and supplies they were provided with, they were required to be taught the history of their kind, vampire anatomy and science, and the laws prohibiting them from harming any human being or feeding from them against their will. The punishment for breaking these laws resulted in immediate execution; a lethal injection of an elixir unknown to those outside of the government to lure their bodies into a deadly seizure stealing away their final form of life.