29.

"So you jump straight from me to some one else?"

I frowned. "What? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Percy sneered at me. My heart was in my throat.

I stood up and took my jacket and bag. "I'm not going to argue with you." I snorted at him as I fixed myself up.

"I just can't believe you would do that?"

"Do what Percy?" I whispered at him. "I've done nothing wrong." I turned to Oliver. He looked highly confused. I think I'm confused.

"Oh come on. Look at you. Do you even feel any emotion to what you've done?"

"I'm not doing this here." I snapped at him. "I'll be at the car." I threw at Oliver as I stormed out.

I went outside in the crisp air as I leaned against the hood of Oliver's car. Breathe in, breathe out. I told myself. I didn't allow myself to think about any of this. It had been working too, until tonight.

Oliver came out after a few minutes, his face dark as he unlocked the car. I got in and sat there, staring out the window.

We pulled out off the parking lot and went home.

"Would you like to share what that was all about?" Oliver demanded.

I went to answer, but nothing came out.

"Imagine my surprise when your fiancee comes up to us, and starts ranting."

I sighed.

"Have you two discussed anything about the wedding?"

"Please don't." I whispered, but Oliver didn't hear me.

"My offer for the catering still stands."

We drove in silence for a bit longer before Oliver spoke again. "Have you picked a date, a venue?"

I wanted to cry, yell, scream, but I sat there, emotionless, staring in to the darkness around us.

I finally saw the lights of the mansion from a distance.

"Have you picked out a dress?"

"Why are you so interested?" I asked, making him jump slightly.

"Well, I need a date of when this is happening. I have to prepare Cody."

I turned away and rolled my eyes. This isn't about Cody, I thought to myself.

The security gate opened and we pulled in to the driveway. I got out off the car and stormed inside.

Oliver followed as we both took our jackets off. "Are you going to say any more?" Oliver asked me.

I threw my jacket and bag on to the closest table to me and turned back to Oliver. My eyes were stinging.

"What do you want me to say?" I shook my head. I felt deflated.

"What happened between you and him? The restaurant would be a great place to start."

I shrugged my shoulders. Now I know how Oliver felt when I've been asking him the question about him calling me by my names. I just didn't know how to answer him.

I raised my left hand and showed him my ring finger. Surely he would have noticed how bare it is. "He isn't my fiancee." I spoke as I dropped my hand and walked away.

"Since when?" Oliver took my arm and made me stop walking. I was eye level with him, standing on the bottom step.

"Since last Monday."