Chapter 45

Lily👆

He pulls me near as I lean in "The time I met Isabella, I fell in love with her because I had no one to show me affection at home and she would comfort me and care for me. When my mother died and I had to take over the business I became heartless but I guess that's what happens when you in the mafia. When my marriage was set with Isabella I was happy but when she told me she never loved me and she loved someone else that's when I started to use women and that's how I got Veronica. She was my friend at first and I knew she liked me so I took that as an advantage and used her. When I came to know that I was getting married to you, I hated you. I loved the life I was living and my heart still was with Isabella. When I saw you walk down the aisle, you were beautiful but I was stupid to treat you like shit. I started hating women and thought they only use and abuse but it was wrong for me to think that. As time went by I fell in love with you, you broke me. I've never done something like this and I love you and my precious bundle of joy. I can't promise to leave the mafia life Violet but I will protect you and our future baby with my heart, I'm sorry for abusing you my love and I'm sorry for causing you so much pain. I love you Mrs Romano" tears fall from his eyes, I wipe them. From then on I knew that I broke The mafia leader.

"Don't cry Dante" I hug him "I know this is love, Dante. No matter what you did to me I kept on falling in love with you and I would think what the hell is wrong with me. I love you too Dante and you were wrong but every relationship has their ups and downs and I'm sorry as well when I pushed you. Our baby will be protected because I know this baby will have both its parents around. The only thing I want to ask from you Dante is taken how much time but you need to leave the mafia"

I look at him with pleading eyes. I thought he was going to get angry but he pulls me into a hug and nods "I will try my love" I hold onto him but he pulls away and leads us to the middle of the backyard. He leaves me for a while and comes back when the music starts playing. I smile as he goes on one knee and holds his hand out for me to take.

I laugh and take his hand, he slips his hand around my waist and pulls me close, I wrap my hands around his neck "Thank you for sticking by me no matter what I did to you" I nod "after all Dante, I'm your wife"

He nods as he leans into me, I tilt my head for him to lean into the nip of my neck "the dress fits you perfectly" I smile "Thanks for doing all this Dante" he shakes his head and pulls away "you deserve the best" he pushes me out and twirls me back in, my back pressed against his chest and he sways us from side to side.

I lean my head against his chest as he kisses my head "what time is it, Dante? Don't you have to leave?" I pull away while he looks at his phone "it's still early. It's only after 4" I nod but he wraps his hands around my waist "let's go have food. I'm hungry" he pouts as I laugh and kiss his cheeks "let's go" he leads me to a table and chair that is set in the corner of the patio.

I sit down while he leaves to get something. My phone starts ringing as I see Dad's name pop up. I don't want to ruin the moment so I switch my phone off "there you go my lady" I look up and see Dante serving food "Omw!" I laugh as he smiles and goes back to bring something for us to drink "this is really sweet" I smirk at him and I see him blush "I'm new to this so I'm trying my best"

I look at the food as I burst into laughter the food is burnt and that's when I knew Dante definitely cooked it "What the hell!!" I laugh even more as he just rolls his eyes "I tried my best okay! " I hold his hand and I wipe the tears that fell from laughing so much "I know and thank you" I take my knife and fork and try to cut the meat but it was not cutting at all "okay this is a fail," he says as he puts his head in his hands.

"No Dante" I stand up and sit on the table in front of him I take his hands into mine "this is not a fail. This is perfect and this shows me that it's real and I'm happy that you did this. It's perfect for me Dante and it's amazing, I never felt anything like this before and this is also new to me" he puts his head on my lap as I rub my hand through his brown soft hair.

"Did you ever have a boyfriend before?" he asks as I smile "Nope. I did like guys but that's normal for a girl to do" he nods as he mumbles something "what?" I question him while he lifts his head up "as long as your mine. I'm fine" we both stand up and walk inside the house with my roses in my hand.

I put the roses in a vase of water and place it on the dining table. Dante orders food as we both go up to our room to change. I put on a white long t-shirt with black shorts. I tie my hair in a bun as I see Dante wearing joggers and no shirt. I lay on his bed and he wraps me in his arms, he switches the TV on while putting a horror movie on.

I smile as I love horror movies, it was the latest movie truth or dare. He kisses my head and I play with his hand. A knock sounds on the door as Dante pauses the movie and walks to the door and pulls it open. Lily stands there with a box of pizza and some cool drinks "these are for you" she gives it to Dante and she looks at me and smiles "Hey Lily!" I wave at her as Dante puts the food on the bed and walks into the closet to put a shirt on. I smile about that as she comes inside the room and hugs me "how have you been?" I ask her as she smiles "Good. Just came back from my parent's house yesterday so that's why you never see me for so long" I nod my head but Dante walks back out "I'll leave Y'all" I smile as she shuts the door behind her.

"Let's eat," Dante says as we both start eating and watching the movie. I look at Dante as I can't believe how our relationship has taken such a turn. I love him. I don't even know why I started falling for him but trust me if you were me, you would have fallen for him as well. It's hard not to love someone like Dante Romano, after everything I still love him and I will always love him no matter what, with our baby coming soon, I hope everything will run smoothly.

Hey guys! I'm making an announcement that 'His wife' will soon be coming to an end. It actually ends at chapter 50 and then has an epilogue, I hope you'll enjoy the story so far☺️
After I finish upload all the chapters up, I will be re-editing my book and then I will be answering all my reader's questions😌

Thanks, guys