Day 3 - Four and a Psycho

Everyone threw the meat onto the floor. Becca gagged and ran out the door, presumably to the bathroom.

"Bec, wait!" Elvyne called out. She followed the sick girl to the door then stopped. She turned to the rest of the group. "Granny!"

Corbin dove for the bed, colliding heads with Solomon. Ignoring the pain, Corbin scooted under the bed. Miranda looked about the room wildly, not knowing where to go. Elvyne took her arm and dragged her to the corner. "Down," she commanded.

Iris rattled the wardrobe around. "Corbin?" she called out in a singsong voice.

There was a thud from the bathroom. The bedroom door flew open. Granny only peeked inside for a moment then turned around.

Corbin crawled to the door.

"What are you doing?" Solomon hissed. Corbin ignored him.

He looked out the door and saw Granny dragging Becca by her arms down the stairs. She went by the front door and stopped. Granny fingered the locks. She groaned and slammed an arthritic hand on the door.

Dropping Becca's arms, Granny reached into a pocket on her gown and pulled out a small black box. She began to attach it to bars that stretched the height of the door. She fiddled with it for several minutes then stepped back. She reached into her gown again and retrieved a small gray square. She put it in the box and pulled the thin handle extending from it.

The box whirred and the bars retracted several inches into it. Granny mumbled something with a bloody smile and pulled the gray thing out. The bars extended out again.

Granny gripped Becca's arms again and continued to drag her to the basement to do who knows what to her.

After they disappeared into the basement, Corbin took off down the stairs. He hopped over the wire connected to the bell. He stared at the large wooden door that was covered in locks. They were now one step farther from escaping.

Corbin ran up to the bedroom and closed the door. "She got Becca," he said. No one said a word, only staring at the flesh that littered the floor.

He nudged the burnt meat with his foot. "Is everyone full?" he asked, trying for a joke. Everyone's disapproving faces told him it wasn't funny.

"Sorry."

He gathered all the meat on the plate and threw it over the railing.

"I guess we go ahead with our previous plan," Solomon said. "One of us will have to go alone, however."

"No, there's four of us," Miranda said.

"Who will watch Iris then?" Solomon pointed out.

"We'll go at separate times," Miranda suggested. "That way all of us can go."

"That doesn't change the fact you only have five days left," Elvyne said. "If you get caught-"

"I know, I know," Miranda said, rolling her eyes.

"The three of us will go," Corbin said, finality in his voice. "Miranda, stay and watch Iris. We'll hopefully be back in a few minutes."

Elvyne, Solomon and Corbin looked out the door. Solomon took a deep breath and ran down the stairs. He was to distract Granny outside; it had the most hiding places.

Elvyne and Corbin carefully walked to the door at the end of the hall. Corbin held out an arm to stop Elvyne from treading on a broken, creaky floor board. He stepped around it.

"You've been up here?" Elvyne asked. Corbin nodded. "I hope Flint was able to get open the boards," he said. He opened his mouth to say more but closed it. Elvyne touched his shoulder.

"It's not your fault," she whispered.

"No, it kind of is," Corbin replied. He looked at her curiously. "How do you know about it?"

"Becca. And this place is like musical chairs," Elvyne said. "If you're not the first to hide, you're out."

They made it to the top of the stairs and were in the attic now. Corbin clenched his fist. "When we get out of here, Granny's gonna pay."

Elvyne hugged him and he looked at her in surprise. "What?"

"You said 'when'. Not 'if'. It's nice to have a positive attitude around here."

A board was torn down in the door way. Corbin looked in and saw a small desk and a cradle. Nothing else. He opened the desk drawers. Empty except for mouse poop. This room was useless.

"There's still the other room," Elvyne pointed out. Corbin followed her out the room. He touched the ugly sewing mannequin, half heartedly looking if it was a clue.

They turned and faced the next room. A cell door was on the other side.

"Do you think Granny keeps people in there?" Elvyne shuddered.

"I hope not."

They walked forward then Corbin suddenly stopped, holding an arm in front of Elvyne.

"What?"

"Something seems... off," Corbin said. "I don't know what though."

"Maybe the fact it's a jail cell in an attic and, oh look! A camera watching whoever is unfortunate enough to occupy it."

Corbin followed her gaze and saw the faintly flashing camera. That must have been it. The feeling that someone was watching him.

"Okay," he said. They both took another step. Then another. Then anoth-

The floor suddenly dropped from under them. Rotten floorboards fell with them. Elvyne screamed. They crashed to the main floor, right in front of the door.

The breath was knocked out of Corbin. He gasped and looked around him. Elvyne was unconscious amidst a mass of wood.

Granny ran from the kitchen. Corbin let his head fall back, hitting a spot on his head where Granny had already hit him. And fell into darkness.

Author's Notes

I hope you're enjoying this story! (And I guess you should be if you've made it this far into the story...) I don't have a lot of author notes so I figured I would write one for this chapter.

I tried to make some awesome GIF for falling through the floor but Wattpad kept yelling at me, telling me it was too large. Oh, well. Just imagine it. Or play the game :)

If you have any predictions on what might happen, feel free to write them! If I like one of them, I might stick it in the story and you'll get a dedication!

If you need a cover, check out my other profile, 

Votes and Comments are appreciated! ;)