1.1

I'm so sad Eclipse is over

*

Tense silence sat heavily in the air. Jessica and Eleanor sat inches away from each other at the kitchen table. Jess avoided eye contact at all cost, while Eleanor awaited her words, tapping her fingers on the table.

Eleanor stared at her twin, waiting for her to say something. Jess only stared down at the table, wringing her hands together. That was something they would always have in common; whenever they were nervous, they wrung their hands together.

"How did you do that?" Jess broke the uncomfortable silence, "like what are you?"

Eleanor sighed, trying to find the words to explain herself, "you know how I smashed that mirror when we were ten?" she started, "that's when I developed them, I guess. I have no idea how they happened, or why, but I'm kind of grateful for them now."

She smiled when she thought back to the conversation her and Carlisle had a year ago. He hated himself for being a vampire at first, but now he was grateful. She was just the same because of him and his family.

"Yeah, but that doesn't explain what you are," she huffed, "like what all can you do?"

"Mental manipulation, telekinesis, energy manipulation. Stuff like that," she then thought about what Jane said to her, "I guess you could call me a witch."

"A scarlet witch," Jess mumbled.

Eleanor furrowed her brows, "what?"

"Your powers are scarlet," Jessica explained, "so you could call yourself the Scarlet Witch."

Eleanor smiled, thinking over the name Jess gave her, "you're an actual genius, Jessie."

"I've been told," her twin chuckled, staring at Eleanor for a moment, "I'm sorry for freaking out."

"You had every right to," Eleanor shook her head, "I mean it's not exactly normal. Thanks for not telling mom, by the way."

"I thought about it, but I figured you wouldn't want her to freak out either," Jess admitted.

"No, I wouldn't."

The two sat in silence, again. It felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of Eleanor's shoulders. Her sister wasn't scared, or freaked out. She had been incredibly understanding and nice about it... after she had a few days to think.

"Can I see them?" Jess asked suddenly, surprising her twin.

Eleanor laughed, and opened her palm. She twirled her fingers, and began to show Jessica her powers.

---

Eleanor walked up to the Cullen house with a huge grin on her face. She had been in a good mood all day and she was determined that nothing would ruin it for her.