Chapter 137: Misshaps and Missteps

Some months had passed since Tasha and Connor told Hank about the pregnancy, and as her due date slowly drew nearer, Tasha was moved to desk duty only, and though she knew it was for the best, she hated having to sit all day while Connor and Hank got to go on missions.

Luckily for her, she didn't mind doing paperwork or studying and interrogations so she adapted quite quickly. She was usually stuck fixing Gavin's paperwork, but he'd bring her an iced tea or her favourite donuts whenever she had to.

"I kind of feel like you're trying to fatten me up." She chuckled as she bit into the delicious treat.

"Cute. I think you'd mail me if I didn't bring you your daily dose of sugar and caffeine."

"Good point."

•••

Tasha had the brilliant idea of having Hank and Connor work on baby shower ideas while she worked late. She was certain they wouldn't get work done but the flustered expressions they showed when she told them was more than enough reason in her mind.

On her way home, Tasha's cell phone began buzzing annoyingly. She sighed as she put the phone to her ear. "What is it, Connor?"

"You — you're really fucking hot, yknow?"

A face palm followed by a sigh. "Connor, where's Hank? Shouldn't you be doing something other than drinking?"

Connor coughed, "Well, I wasn't going to have any — but I wanted to try the drinks you like annnnnd I can see why you enjoy them! They are... how do you put it? Rad."

"Riiiiight." Tasha facepalmed, shaking her head with a small smile. "While you being tipsy is definitely interesting, you're supposed to be planning the baby shower."

"I don't know why you left that to us! We know nothin' about babies!" Hank slurred in the background.

"Because I wanted to see what you'd come up with and I'd go from there!" Tasha sighed as she stepped into the crosswalk. "Plus, it's not like I care. Everyone else is making a big deal about it or I'd just wait until I had the baby."

It didn't take Connor long to sober up, since the alcohol ran through his body faster than a humans.

"Tasha, when will you be back?"

"I'm a few blocks away." She checked her digital watch with a smile. "I should be—"

** CRASH **

All Connor could hear was tired skidding on the road, a loud thump, and then static.

"Tasha?"

•••

Connor arrived to Tasha's last known location quicker than the paramedics. He scanned the area and found Tasha lying unconscious on the ground, glass everywhere around her. She had been hit by a car, and was thrown into a window which shattered.