XVIII - Truth

authors note:
i changed the cover again do u like it
____________________

"Julia, wait--" I heard him call out from behind me, and I kept walking away, clutching the strap of my bag. "Julia, I'm sorry!"

I stopped walking, my back still turned to him.

"I'm sorry." He said again, and I turned to him, my vision blurry because my eyes were glazed with tears that I refuse to let fall. "I'm a fuck up, I know I am," He continued, averting his eyes and scratching the back his head, about ten feet away from me. "And I didn't mean to drag you down with me because you're too good for me and I'm just... shit."

I couldn't help it. A tear fell down my cheek, no matter how hard I was biting on my lip; tears started just falling down at his words. I didn't know he felt like that.

"I'm sorry." He finally said, his eyes finally connecting to mine. His eyes looked shiny and I wondered if he was about to cry. I really didn't hope so because that meant I would cry more, too. "I shouldn't have kissed you."

Carefully he started taking steps toward me, and I didn't move, tears still dropping down my cheeks.

"But I still think Carter is a tool because he fucking cheated on you, and I think you deserve someone better than him." He was right in front of me, his hand cupping my cheek, his eyes lightly glazed over.

His thumb swiped away some of my tears, and I smiled before he pulled me into a hug.

"Carter didn't cheat on me, by the way," My voice was muffled in his chest. "Amber forced herself on him."

"Is that what he told you?" Jack scoffed, his chin resting on the top of my head as his arms were tightly around me.

"Yes, that's what he told me, Jack, and I believe him."

He pulled away from the hug to look at me. His eyes were dark and I knew he was mad.

"Julia..." He started, his expression softening when he saw my oblivious reaction, as if he was sorry for me. "He was the one that kissed her." He said very carefully and softly.

I frowned and slowly started shaking my head. "No, um," I smiled a little. "It's actually kind of funny but that's why Lexi and I were invited in the first place..."

Jack was biting on his lip, shaking his head, looking pained.

"No, I'm serious! Amber is always doing that kind of stuff, Carter wouldn't," I took a shaky breath, not knowing if I was convincing him more than myself. "Carter wouldn't do that."

"Julia, I saw the whole thing." He stated carefully, his hands rubbing up and down my arms as if to comfort me. "That's why I kicked the shit out of him."

"Yeah, well." I was at a loss for words. Did he really cheat on me? "I mean." My voice cracked. I tried to swallow the lump that was forming in my throat, shaking my head. "Carter wouldn't do that..."

He took me in his arms again, rubbing my back and holding me close.

"I'm gonna kill him." He muttered, and as violent as it was, it was soothing and comforting to hear.

I was still shaking my head, refusing to believe that I was actually cheated on; and then ignorant enough to forgive him for it.

"Are you sure?" I asked shakily, his arms pulling me close into his warmth.

"I'm sure." He muttered, and I almost laughed for being so stupid.

"God I'm such an idiot,"

"I'm going to fucking kill that son of a bitch."

"I can't believe I was so ignorant..."

"I'll chop his fucking balls off and shove 'em down his throat,"

"Jack," I pulled away from his hug. "He's not worth it."

He looked down at me, his eyes brown and warm and comforting like hot chocolate, his hands cupping my cheek and his thumb wiping at my tears.

"I really want to kiss you right now." He confessed, his eyes focused on my lips. "But that's probably taking advantage of you because you're all sad and stuff but you still look beautiful--"

Without warning him I pressed my lips on his, hugging him around his neck, his hands holding my waist.

It was soft and passionate and oh so sweet and he pulled away too soon, his eyes closed.

"Alright." He muttered, lips brushing against mine as he did so.

My eyes fluttered open, his forehead resting against mine as if he was savoring the moment.

"Don't hurt Carter." I whispered, causing him to chuckle.

"Alright." His eyes were still closed.

I was a little shocked at how easy that was, but I didn't say anything and just stood there with my arms around his neck and his hands on my waist and our foreheads touching and all the things we wanted to say were just silent and we understood each other and everything was perfect in this moment right here.

"What time is it?" He asked after a while, my eyes opening and him pulling away to grasp his phone from his bag to check the time. "Oh, shit dude."

"What?" I asked, stepping closer to him.

"It's fucking four o'clock."

"What?!" I repeated, this time raising my voice and grasping the phone from his hand, looking at the time and blowing a puff of relief when it was still twelve. "You little fucker," I breathed, closing my eyes for a second. "I can't stand you oh my Jesus."

He laughed, and took his phone back.

"You fell for it, though."

I shook my head at him, trying to force back my smile.

"We still have a few hours, don't tell me you wanna go back to class."

I shook my head.

"We can do whatever we want, you know." He continued, and suddenly dropped his bag as if remembering something. "We can drive somewhere!" He said excitedly, waiting for my reaction.

My shoulders went up in a shrug. "Where do you wanna go?" I asked, picking up my bag from the grass.

"I know a place..." He said thoughtfully to himself, before looking at me again and grinning like an idiot.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I said a bit awkwardly, and he just kept grinning.

"Let's go."

__________________
authors note:

""""BECAUSE UR BEAUTIFUL"""" I HATE MYSELF AND I HATE JOHN GREEN AND THAT BASTARD GUS WHY THE HELL IM DONE WITH THSI STORY

THE END GOODBYE

jk this isnt the end im just kidding my friends leave a vote please