28

In a weeks notice me and Elijah received a formal letter for court

In a weeks notice me and Elijah received a formal letter for court. They asked us to bring every document and anything to state my statement true.

So I prepared everything. Nico's birth certificate, the contract I and Jake signed and his statement to sign off parental rights.

Today is the first day.

I am nervous.

Elijah tells me constantly I don't have any reason to be and I know that but, I don't know what kind of judge will it be and maybe he won't understand my side of story.

And then there is the jury. You can never know what they are thinking.

"Pearl are you ready?" Elijah shouts.

"Just a minute!" I shout back.

I take a last look in the mirror. Okay I am ready.

I go in the kitchen to take myself a glass of water. When Elijah sees me he slowly walks towards me and wrap his arm around me. He stands behind me and is lightly squeezing me to counter.

"You look gorgeous." He places a soft kiss on my shoulder and working his way up my neck.

"Beautiful." kiss

"Tempting." kiss

"Exquisite." kiss

"And mine." kiss

He turns me around and kisses me. I don't know what is this pregnancy doing to me but I always crave Elijah's touch.

"We will be late." I say breathlessly between kisses.

He abruptly stops. "You are right."

•••

A short drive later and we are already at court. I spot our attorney and wave him over. He is really preserved and closed man. And he sometimes talks like he is from 15th century. But he is a brilliant attorney.

"Mr. and Mrs. Woods." He noods at us.

15minutes later and we are all seated in the courtroom and Judge started to read the facts.