14 | Dedushka & Babushka Vladimir

ADELAIDE'S POV

Okay then. Let me get this straight.

After being force getting into a car while shopping for grocery, I was told that I was summon by Valentine Van Doren, Sasha's father because he wants to see me.

In my mind, why didn't he just invite me like civilized human being should but then I remember he's not normal at all since he is literally a mafia. That, I get!

But why, why am I now facing the rest of the Van Doren family while Sasha sitting next to me, forcing a smile on her face with the principal and Asha trying to conceal the fact that they're laughing at us?!

If I had known that I'll be going to be interrogated like this I should wore something far more comfortable!

"So, Adelaide was it? We heard that you're a princess from a small country. Is that true?" One of the elderly asked me.

"Yes I am. I came from the country of Ostria." I replied politely.

"Oh my! We don't have any royalty in our family. This is good! Valentine, you made a great decision sleeping with a Vladimir!" He ignores the fact that the principal could hear him saying that.

"What are you planning to do once you married to Sasha? Will you be providing us grandkids?" I blushed at the question. She must be Sasha's grandmother. I don't know how to answer that.

"Ugh! Can we just stop this nonsense? What's the point of us meeting with all of you?" Sasha just lost it!

"The point? We just want to meet our granddaughter. You were raised by Natalya alone with that man who wants to have your head. We just want to show that we care for you." Now I feel guilty. I wonder what's going on inside Sasha's mind right now.

She doesn't look like she give a damn care about their feelings.

"Care?" She chuckled.

"When I was growing up, the only person who seems to care was my mother who never once neglected. I'm sorry for saying this but it's too late for you all to show that you care." She turn to Valentine.

"You probably secretly meeting me while I was a child but I'm sorry, I don't remember anything about it. I don't even remember the cream brûlée." I don't know what to feel after hearing this. Just how bad was her childhood?

Doesn't she have any memories of her laughing at a child?

"Sasha, be nice to them. You may not remember anything from your childhood but Valentine always remember you birthday. He always wanted to be with you since you were born. Silas doesn't like the idea at all and he banned him from seeing you." This time, the principal decided to say something.

This is more like a family conflict and I am so out of place right now.

"I know, mom. I wish I can remember my childhood. That is all." How did she lost them in the first place?

"Adelaide." I heard someone calling for me from the side. Asha was waving at me, asking me to follow her away from this hectic situation.

"Ahh. Now that we're far away from them, I just have to ask, what on earth are you wearing?!" She look at me from head to toe.

"I was cleaning my apartment when I realized I aren't buying anything for dinner. Some guy force me to follow him here after I'm done shopping." She laughed at my explaining. God I wish I can slap her across the face.

"Anyway, you mus be wondering about what happened in there, right?" I nod.

"What happened to her? Why can't she remember?" Asha sigh at me.