Chapter 4 - The Bandits

I'm finally reaching the Vessaga, I've been on the road heading north for five days and something very interesting happened since I left the field.

————————————————————————
~A couple days before~

After I had gotten on the road I headed towards the closest river, once I made it there I saw my reflection in the water, I still looked the same except for the black horns but I realized that I really do seem like Modra, I have black hair, black eyes, pale skin, and now I have her other features as well, like sharper and longer ears like the Elves and my pupils seemed to have changed their shape from being round to slits or ovals. Not  the dragon tail though, that would have been an awkward situation, suddenly having a tail after sixteen years of living...

Although dying all of a sudden and coming back is also weird, somehow it doesn't affect me very much. I am taking all of this in really well, then again this is all sort of interesting since life was boring before.

You know what I just realized, my family probably gained some money from the kingdom after I died, that would be good, they won't have to live too poorly for a while.

Graaarrraghaw

I suddenly heard my stomach grumble.

"That was loud I hope no one was nearby to hear it." I say as I start feeling embarrassed.

"AAAHHHHHH!!!"

A woman screamed from upstream.

"What the hell? Who was that?" I looked puzzled as I tried to think of why someone would scream so suddenly.

But then I saw it, blood was flowing down the river. Dark crimson colored blood was covering the river.

"OH HELL NO!" I quickly stood up and started running away...

At least that's what I would have done if I didn't want to get involved.

I started sprinting toward where the woman screamed from. When I reached a small farm I saw five horses with supplies hanging off their sides and the body of an old man lying on the ground. Next to the horses were seven men in tattered leather armor with weapons hanging on their sides. In front of the three men was a woman with a child in her arms.

Ah, I see what's happening here. The seven men must be bandits that attacked this family, the old man must be the husband of the woman and that must be their child.

Dang, I made it too late to help that guy. Well, I'll at least do something about these bandits so that he didn't die for no reason.

I quickly examine the bandits before me. The three near the woman were wearing the same clothing and had rusty swords in their hands, the two behind them had axes and shields with less armor than the others, while the last two were sitting on the horses with shortbows and arrows. Hmm, which one would be their leader.

I look at them again and notice that the man closest to the woman had some jewelry on him. It wasn't much but he had a gold ring on his finger and his tooth was bright yellow. Like a golden tooth. Normally seeing details like these such as the tooth wouldn't be easy for someone normal, but I guess being part dragon affects my eyesight.

I walk towards them from the shadows and attract their attention.

"HEY! YELLOW TEETH! YOU KNOW YOU REALLY NEED TO CLEAN YOURSELF UP! ALL THAT BEER AND MEAT STICKS YOU KNOW!"

Yellow teeth turns around to look at me. He has a red face and I don't think it's from embarrassment.

"Oí! What the HELL DID YA JUS' CALL ME!" Oh so that's why he's red.