8 - up to him

Another year later (be patient)

Bill POV

It had been a year since Shooting star came into the forest with her friends, and ever since I have tormented her with nightmares. I had sent her very realistic dreams where she received the same treatment as she had given her twin brother. It was hilarious watching her cry. Pinetree and Shooting star had just turned 16 years old. It was sad watching Pinetree growing older and more beautiful without being able to talk with him. Scratch that, it was torture. Not only had he grown more beautiful and handsome, but he was thinner and looked paler than ever. He was supposed to wake up around now, wasn't he? Now, or, the next two years.....

We were still living in the small cabin in the woods. It had two separate bedrooms with a door in between, one bathroom, a Livingroom and a kitchen. We also had a small library. I had designed it so it fit both my and Pinetrees personality. My room was yellow with a lot of triangles, and his was blue with a lot of Pinetrees. If you think about it, the pinetree symbol is just two triangles on top of each with a square underneath.

I was pacing around in the livingroom with the TV on. It was playing a random soap opera, I didn't like those, but I was too lazy to switch the channel. When I was growing tired from all the pacing, I made my way over to Pinetrees room. It had almost become a routine. Wake up, eat, pace around the livingroom, check on Pinetree, stay there for a couple of hours staring at him, eat, go to bed and so on.

When I went into his room this time though, something was different. Pinetree had moved. He didn't sleep in the same position as before. He used to lay with his head on the neat pillow, legs outstretched and arms on top of the comforter. Instead he was turned on his side in a fetal position with his hands covering his ears. I ran over to him as fast as I could, when I got close enough, I could hear him whimper. What was happening to my Pinetree. It looked like he had a nightmare or something, but I couldn't be sure. I reached out to him with my hand and ran it through his hair. He ceased whimpering, but he was still clutching his ears. I tried my best to pry his hands away, but it was no use. Then I got this magnificent idea. I started to sing, it was a lullaby that I had heard many years ago, in a village. It was a mother singing to her children, reassuring them that everything was going to be okay. As I got to the end, Pinetree looked more peaceful. I was relieved. I managed to take his hands in mine.

His hands were cold, but that would be expected considering the situation. I started to rub circles on the back of his hands with my thumbs. I didn't want to let go. He had moved! On his own! This was a sign that he was going to wake up soon, I just know it. I started to study his face again. It was peaceful again, but he actually had more colour in his cheeks. His hair wasn't as long as before, considering that I had cut it not long ago. Now his bangs barely covered his forehead and the length on the rest ended just above the nape of his neck. While he he's been asleep I've obviously taken care of his hygiene, I'm not gonna let him die now of something as stupid as bad hygiene, not now when I have waited so long for him to wake up.

I continued to rub circles into his hands until I saw something. When Pinetree had moved earlier, he managed to unhook himself from the machines and plugged them out at the same time, somehow. I hadn't noticed that it was quieter in here, I was too caught up in how Pinetree was. The machines wasn't that important, but it helped keeping him somewhat nourished and healthy. I didn't have a heart monitor, since that would make me stress even more than I already did. I let go of his hands and laid him in the same position as he used to be in and hooked up the machine to him once more. It wasn't that much, it was a needle that was stuck in his arm which gave him some fluids which improved his wellbeing. I had of course made it so that the fluid was infinite.

I bent over my Pinetree once again and kissed his forehead. Now it was up to him to wake up.