Chatper Twenty-four

Chapter Twenty-Four~

Agent Daniels had to leave to go back to his computer, which left me alone on the deck. Soon enough though,  Nick Fury walked up to me and shook my hand with a smile.

"I'm glad to see that you found Loki!" He smiled. "Now he can tell us about the portal. And was Agent Daniels any help? He's new." He told me in his deep voice.

"Yeah actually." I smiled and thought about how he really did help more than I thought he would.

"Well, Loki is awake now, would you like to see him?" He asked.

"Yes! Definitally!" I answered way too fast and excited, but I was despreate to see him again. I followed Nick Fury to a hopital room, first one in the hallway, where Loki was laying on his back on the white hospital bed, without his shirt on, leaving his chest, bruses and cuts on it exposed. He still looked really REALLY atractive for being in such a bad shape. Loki gave a weak smile when he saw me, and it was enough to make my heart race. Nick ordered the nurses and doctors to leave, and let me and Loki be alone.

"How are you feeling?" I asked first as I sat down on the edge of his hospital bed.

"I've been better..." He answered with his voice worn and hushed. I brushed my fingers over a cut on his face, and gave him a sad look. "You should be fighting right now..." Loki told me. I sighed and brushed his black, stray hairs out of his tired face.

"I will...later. Right now I just want to make sure your okay." I confessed and smiled. He returned the grin. "What happened with Thanos?" I asked, not really sure how he would answer.

"It was mostly a blur, but I know that he was intending to kill me." Loki quietly answered. "How did I get out?" He asked, lifting his head.

"Well, me and another agent went in and saved you." I answered with a small smile. "The weird thing was that Thanos, saw us leaving with you, and kind of...almost let us escape....I don't know, it was just weird." I told him, looking away. He nodded his head, listening, but didn't say anything. I might have leaned in to kiss him, just cause he looked so sad and broken, but we were interupted by Banner, swinging open the door and walking in next to Loki. I stood up from the bed, and walked away a bit.

"Loki, I need to know how to close the portal." He imidiatly demanded him. Loki rolled his eyes, knowing this was the only use to them around here.

"You have to have the tesseract." Loki answered in a hushed voice.

"Yes and after that?"

"Well.... I don't exactly know... I didn't create it this time." Loki answered, not enjoying the conversation. Banner was obviously losing his patients towards him. If Loki didn't know how to close it, then no one did. Without saying another word, Banner walked out the room and left me and Loki alone again. Loki sighed and said something I couldn't hear. 

"I'm just glad your okay now." I said to Loki before I leaned in and gently kissed him with one hand on his cold and bare chest. He smiled now, sitting up and running his thin hands through my hair. I closed my eyes to try and capture the moment in my mind. I wanted to remember this because I knew it couldn't, and wouldn't, last forever. I leaned over one more time to kiss him again, this one even better than the last, and stood up from the edge of his hospital bed. I had stepped away from Loki, just in time, so that when Nick Fury then walked in the room, he didn't see anything, although I'm sure whoever was watching the secrurity cameras for this room saw our display of affection. Nick bearly looked Loki in his eyes, maybe embarrased because Loki was only wearing his black pants and boots.

"Uh, Loki, since you cannot give us any useful information about anything, the least you can do is fight with us." He told him, crossing his arms and waiting for an answer.

"Gladly." He responded, now standing up from the bed as a new and fresh Asgardian suit gradually appeared out of thin air. He gave a wicked smile as we watched and I couldn't help but to smile back. 

"Oh and Alice," Nick said as he turned away to the table behind him. He picked up a black suit and tossed it to me. "Here's your gear. Change and be on the streets a.s.a.p." He sighed and walked out the room, with the door wide open for us to follow. I walked over to the little bathroom and changed out of my ripped and burned clothes, and into my black, personalized suit. I looked at it closer this time, and saw the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo, and a little fire emblem next to it. Aw, they custom made it for me. How sweet. I smiled and opened the door to the waiting Loki. His eyes still looked tired and I knew he was already all beat up, but he wasn't going to let everyone pity him. 

"You look lovely." He complemented me, as he reached for me and pulled me closer to him. I gave Loki a soft smile and kissed his cold and pale cheek. He slightly chucked and walked me out the room with his hand on my hip. I didn't even care about the looks the agents were giving me. I was just happy to be walking side by side with him. Soon we reached the end of the hallway, and outside to the waiting jets. Nick was there waiting for us.

"Here's your jet." Nick simply told us, sounding a bit annoyed. 

"There will be no need." Loki replied as he took my hand, and very smoothly teleported us out. I gasped when we were then on the street surrounded by Chitauri. Teleporting is the strangest thing, and it always scares me to death whenever he does that to me. Loki just laughs at my reaction and already begins to fight. He flashes in and out behind the monsters to kill them. Loki throws his knives and the Chitauri don't even stand a chance against him. I bearly get to fight before he already  kills everything around us. 

"Wow, you should have joined The Avengers ages ago." I tell him raiseing my eyebrows and smiling. He laughs as more monsters come to interupt us. I make the first move this time and create fire in my hands as the enemy starts creeping towards me. As they were just close enough, I dive forward dodging blasts, throwing fire in all direction's but Loki's. Everything near us is burning and screaming. Loki and I are unstopable. 

"Well done!" Loki tells me, observing the damage I'd done. 

"You too." I reply with a smile. I loved our teamwork. I hadn't realized before what a careful and skilled fighter he was. Thor was more physical and just hit anything around him, while Loki was more snake-like and planned every move he made. It was amusing to watch, and I was glad he was fighting with us, instead of against us. I liked it better that way.