5. Wouldn't it be nice to get a PANFORTE?

Harieth

I smack my lips together and pout my lips a few times while staring at my reflection in the mirror. I took a few steps backward to view a full image of my reflection in order to access my attire. After all, Christian Hendrix did say wear something fancy and that was exactly what I did. I will have to admit the fact that picking out a dress became a little hard as I have no idea exactly what event I was dressing for. If only Christian left a little more information about what exactly this was all about then it would have been easier. Fancy was the only keyword he left.

I slightly turned to have a view of my back before turning back to my normal position. I did it. I look stunning in a peach, long, embroidery stitched mermaid gown. The embroidery stitching stopped just where the tail of the dress starts. The tail itself was made of peach coloured satin and formed a train behind as I walked. It had just a long-sleeve attached to it. The other remained sleeveless or strapless. It's a good thing I shop all the time. Who knew this dress would come in handy someday? It has been lying in my closet for... gosh, I can't recall but it's a great thing I finally get to wear it.

My make-up was neither too bright nor too light. The highlight of it all was my lips that shone with a vibrant dark red lipstick. My gold jewelries were not too flashy, just classy and exquisite. A clear definition of simple but yet expensive. My hair was packed into a sort of messy bun, a few strands stuck out in the front and back but it was alright. My purse and a pair of sandal heels was a shade of dark red as well.

I sigh.

Gosh, I hope I'm not overdressed. Well, if that turns out to be the case then I'll just have to presume that I'm better than everyone... what am I saying? Christian is to blame if such situation arises. I took a look at the time on my wristwatch. It's 5: 50 p.m. I smile. Who say women take long to dress? I'm done and on time at that. I dare Christian to arrive late. I'll surely not let him hear the end of it and he'll have to apologise.

Suddenly, a knock came through through door.

"Come in." I ordered and a second later, a mid-thirties woman walked into my room dressed in the official maid uniform.

"Ms. Harieth, your father has asked me to let you know of Mr. Hendrix presence." She reported and my eyes slowly widened.

"Christian is here!? Already!?" I asked more of to myself. She gave a light nod before speaking up.

"Yes Miss." She replied. Here, I was thinking of the possibility of having my revenge but now, it's all crashed down.

I sigh.

"Fine. Let them know I'll be down in a minute." I told her and she gave another nod before turning and leaving the room.

I sigh once more before hastening my steps towards my dressing table. I picked up my favourite perfume and sprayed on the nape of my neck, body and then my wrists. I practiced my smiles a few more times in front of the mirror before walking away and picking up my purse as well as mobile phone from the bed.

I took in a deep breath to calm any sort of nervousness and replace it with booming confidence before opening the door and walking out of the room.

Christian

"Here, have some." Rockwell offered a glass cup half filled with scotch.

I looked away from his face and to the cup in his hand stretched out to me before looking back up to his face. I shook my head at him.

"No, thank you."

"You don't drink, Christian?" He asked as he returned the glass cup offered to me back to the table he got it from.