[ t w e n t y - n i n e ]

Taehyung smiles bitterly as he watches everyone cheering for the newlyweds.

Jimin and Jisoo both look extremely happy as they were looking at each other with so much love in their eyes.

"Things are better this way..." Taehyung mutters before turning around and walking away from the reception hall. He immediately regrets accepting the invitation; he actually thought that he was ready to see his best friend with his ex-girlfriend, when in reality, every single thing still hurts.

He grunts as he struggle with the box of cigarettes. Once he has a stick, he placed it between his teeth and fished out a lighter from his pocket. Taehyung lights up the cigarette, placing the lighter in his pocket before letting out a puff.

"Taehyung?"

He froze in his place upon recognising the voice. He slowly turned around and sees Jisoo, looking absolutely stunning in her wedding dress. Taehyung decides to ignore the female and look away, not wanting to ruin her special day by doing anything stupid.

Despite being ignored, Jisoo approached the male until she was right beside him. She grimaced upon seeing a cigarette right between his teeth. "You know smoking is bad for you... Jimin would hate to see you being like this."

Taehyung sighs as he took one last puff before throwing it away. He then lets out the smoke before glancing at Jisoo, "Happy?"

A small smile graced Jisoo's lips as the female gave the man a look of approval. "Much better."

Silence then followed as both were thinking of what to say. It was like this for a few moments before Jisoo decided to break the ice.

"I've read the letter you sent me the other day."

Taehyung's eyes widened as he looks at Jisoo, who only stared at the ground.

"And I just want to say... I really do hope you find happiness." Jisoo then looks at Taehyung in the eye and smiles, "Because I personally think everyone deserves happiness in their lives."

Taehyung's expression softened as he averts his gaze to the horizon. "I highly doubt that..." He mutters though Jisoo could clearly hear what he was saying.

"But I feel glad that you're still wishing me happiness.. Even though I was being a huge dick to you." His expression hardened at the last bit.

He then faces at Jisoo and did something he wished he had done a long time ago. Taehyung pressed his forehead against Jisoo's and caresses her hands.

"I won't forget you, Kim Jisoo."

...And, I love you.