1. SUBJECT: INTEREST IN WRITING OPPORTUNITY

_________________________________

!!! ATTENTION MALE STUDENTS OF BADER UNIVERSITY !!!

Are you a participant in the tradition of violent, albeit organized, sport? Are you a capable writer? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then this opportunity is for you. Get paid to write 2-3 emails per week and help one of your fellow students capture the male narrative.

If interested, please tell me about yourself via email; you can reach me at cassandra.belford@baderu.com

_________________________________

to: cassandra.belford@baderu.com

from: m.onesi@kasiriwelsman.com

subject: Good news!

sent: January 6, 2017 at 9:05am

Ms. Belford,

I'm writing to express my congratulations. We at Kasiri and Welsman are all so excited to be working with you on your debut novel. As discussed, there is a lot of work to be done in the next few months. I want to assure you that you will have K&W's full support throughout the editing and publication process.

I spoke with Julie this week, and we both agree that Braiden's narration doesn't feel quite as authentic as Olivia's sections. If you think that character research would help rectify the imbalance, I am glad to support that course of action. Interviewing one of your peers in order to best capture the voice and experience of the character seems like an excellent way to meet the novel's potential. It's unorthodox, but a very worthwhile experiment.

If you'd like help recruiting a young man to interview, please let us know. You've got all of us here rooting for you; a 21 year old with a bestseller is a dream for our marketing. We all want Stamp of Approval to be a big hit with readers!

Best regards,

Mike Onesi

Editor

Kasiri & Welsman Publishing House

. . .

to: cassandra.belford@baderu.com

from: kevin.harper3@baderu.com

subject: Flyer

sent: January 8, 2017 at 12:47am

Hey,

I saw your flyer and am interested in helping you. I play soccer. I'm second string this year but I'm only in first year, so I'll probably be starting in the fall. I also play football for fun. Your flyer wasn't super clear, so I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to do. I know it's writing emails, but school is busy, so I don't know how much I can write every week. We could do phone calls for sure. Or maybe text.

Some other things about me:

1. I restored my dad's old motorcycle

2. My parents are both doctors and I don't have any siblings

3. I grew up in Kentucky, but I was born in LA

4. When I was 15, I broke my arm and the bone showed

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Kevin

. . .

to: cassandra.belford@baderu.com