4. SUBJECT: DATING HISTORY

CW: mentions of sexual content in this chapter, non-graphic

____________________________________

Texts sent January 28, 2017 at 11:33am

Peter Moore: What were you talking to Aish about last night?

Weston Maguire:  You, obviously.

Weston Maguire: She wanted to make sure everything was alright. She's worried about you, I think.

Weston Maguire: I liked Aisha.

Peter Moore: She's a great girl. Did you tell her I'm okay?

Weston Maguire: Are you okay? You don't seem okay.

. . .

to: weston.maguire@baderu.com

from: cassandra.belford@baderu.com

subject: Dating history

sent: January 28, 2017 at 12:02pm

Weston,

Hope you're doing well. Can you tell me about girls?

Cassie

. . .

to: cassandra.belford@baderu.com

from: weston.maguire@baderu.com

subject: Re:Dating history

sent: January 30, 2017 at 10:08pm

Hi Cass,

Hm. Okay, sure. I have to say, I'm at a loss of where to start. I've had three girlfriends, I guess. Or two and a half, maybe. I guess that's a good place to start.

The last girl I dated was Rachel Turner. You probably knew her, seems like everyone knew her. She was the president of the Science Undergraduate Government two years ago. Rach was a year older than me, and a lot smarter. We dated for about six months in my second year, but she graduated early and went to med school out west.

Rachel was pretty. Not like you, but in a really approachable way. She had blonde hair and brown eyes that would crinkle when she smiled. She never had much free time; school and everything kept her busy, but she was good company. She laughed whenever I tried to be funny and we would text throughout the day. She's the one who got me writing for The Journal.

I liked her a lot, but we both knew when she graduated that we wouldn't stay together. It was fun dating her though.

Before Rachel, I dated a girl in high school. She was the girl that guys thought about, if that makes sense. She was hot, and she knew she was hot. But it was the kind of hot that we all know won't last, so everyone wants to make the most of it. In all honesty, she wasn't the nicest girl. That didn't stop people from thinking about sleeping with her, and it didn't stop me from actually doing it.

There was something wild about her. She had filthy rich parents, so she had an unreal BMW (which she drove like a maniac) and threw massive parties whenever she had her house to herself. She was an only child and her parents traveled a lot. When she was a kid it bothered her, but she was used to it by the time I started hanging out with her.

She dumped me after a few months to date a guy from another school. I didn't take it too hard.

She'd started smoking and kissing her was a lot less fun.