13. Warning

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

I had the worst weekend of my entire life.

All I wanted was to have a fun, eventful weekend with my friends. Just the three of us at our cabin, roaming around the wild forests in our wolf forms, maybe go disturb some villagers who lived at the edge of civilization. It was fun to watch them scurry away when we showed ourselves as wolves. Just a little peek around the trees and they fled in horror. Afterwards, we probably would had some of Tilly's great food and snacks in front of the fireplace, chatting nonsense and joking around, enjoying the peace and warmth.

But no. Tilly and Arch had decided to drag me back home since I was acting weird, and when my parents found out we had skipped classes again, they grounded me. I was stuck at home, and the only times I was allowed to leave was when my father dragged me along, when he left do his Alpha-stuff. He said it was a great learning opportunity for me. And he decided I should accompany him more often. Should, meaning I was, from now on, forced to accompany him.

What made things a thousand times worse was that annoying human. He was constantly in my mind, stealing all my focus whenever I had even a second to spare. I refused to have any conversations about him with myself. I accepted he existed, but I didn't allow myself to form any kinds of opinions or theories about him or the whole damn situation. But the image of him wouldn't disappear from my mind. No matter how hard I tried to throw him out of my head, he kept coming back.

Because of that, I didn't get much sleep, and people kept pissing me off just by breathing too loudly. Tilly and Arch hadn't talked about what happened at school, but I knew they wanted to ask what was going on. They were dying to know what had gotten into me. Although, it would've been highly stupid of me to think even for a second that they had no clue. They were smarter than that. So, in reality, they were most likely dying to ask if the human kid really was my mate. Which he was not. In other words, being grounded was not such a bad thing after all.

When Monday morning came, I was ready to pack my bags and move out of the country. I didn't want to go to school and see that brat again. He had already ruined my weekend, and now he would ruin my entire life.

I mean, what the fuck? What the actual fuck was our goddess thinking?!

I shook my head. Once again, I refused to let that train of thought go any further. If I let that happen, I would have to accept things I would never accept.

Our little group had never been acting so nice and quiet before. The teacher of our first class was giving us some pretty suspicious glares throughout the whole period, and I was in such a bad mood that I couldn't find his increasing anxiety amusing, like I normally would have. I was sure that, after the class, he would run straight to Hanson and tell him we were acting strange. I didn't care.

I spent the entire morning on the move whenever we had a break between classes. Tilly and Arch followed me around without saying a word, like the loyal little puppies they were. I did my best avoiding the human boy, whose name I still didn't know, and didn't want to know. I could've sworn he was everywhere. I could smell him around the corner wherever I went. It was like he was following me! I couldn't stop even for a second because he was right there!