Chapter Thirteen

Once James and Harry were settled back in the comfort of their own home, Remus and Sirius both agreed that they would stay with them while Renata returned home to collect her belongings that she would need to stay

Once James and Harry were settled back in the comfort of their own home, Remus and Sirius both agreed that they would stay with them while Renata returned home to collect her belongings that she would need to stay. It was one thing if she was living by herself and didn't have anyone worrying over her, but she knew that once she returned and informed Adelmo of what the plans were that she was going to be faced with an entirely different new task.

Adelmo was far from controlling, always the supportive older brother that Renata needed in her life, however, she already knew that he was going to come across as quite protective over the situation she was agreeing to. And in a lot of ways, Renata would have initially agreed with him, what everyone was asking her was beyond anything something would agree to when just meeting a new group of people. Yet, she had already agreed to it and while she could always go back and say no, she knew that she was in it for the long run as soon as she had said yes. There wasn't any going back, because it wouldn't feel right to abandon the cause.

In some ways, she knew that James and Harry needed more than just herself, but if she could help both in any possible way, it was good enough for her.

Renata could already hear her brother's words, telling her that she was letting her Empath abilities take over and cloud her rational judgement because it was more than likely that she was letting all the feelings around overwhelm her. Adelmo knew her better than anyone on the face of the Earth, besides Renata herself.

And because of that, she would find it very difficult to lie to him or bend the truth so that he didn't end up worrying. But against what anyone thought at the time, it all felt right for Renata to step it and at least try. She had ruined nearly every job opportunity given to her within just a couple of days' time and so far, she was doing something well. Perhaps she had finally found a calling of sorts and she was going to go with it for as long as she could.

Thankfully, Adelmo was still at work as she packed her belongings quickly with the use of her wand, Enzo accompanied her around the home, wondering what she was up to. She had just finished and allowed her trunk to sit by the front door when Adelmo finally arrived home. He spotted the trunk right away, confused initially, but distracted as Enzo raced down the stairs first and barreled right into his legs to greet him. However, as Renata slowly descended the stairs, Adelmo peered up at her, his lips pressed together and already, a worried expression on his face.

"Going somewhere?" he asked her, probably hoping that she was going to tell him that she was going home for another visit or something along the lines.

Renata came to a stop at the bottom step, her hands clasped together before her as she met her brother's gaze.

"Mr Potter and his family think it might be best if I stay with them for a little while," she attempted to explain as gently as she possibly could. "Since the incident, no one wants that to happen again, but if it should, it could be extremely dangerous for Harry to be left in that situation. So I've agreed to it."