The Proposal.

A/N: Two updates in one day?! Woah! I'm magical! * cackles * I'M GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD. Ahem. Nah. I'm not magical. I was just stuck on a plane for two and a half hours. Anyway, I would like to dedicate this one shot to meowdrarry. Enjoy, comment and vote! Edit: Ugh, I hate editing. It just makes me realise how bad this was 😂😂😂 And the speech marks, like, yes, ok, they're actually quotation marks, but they look so much better than actual speech marks! But, I don't like them one space away from the first and last word or super close to them either. Ugh. My mind. Anyway, just some grammar editing. Don't mind me.

"Harry, now, I need you to be completely trusting of me." Harry looked up at Draco suspiciously. "Why?" He asked slowly. Draco sighed and sat in the armchair across from his boyfriend. "Do you trust me?" "Of course." Draco pulled a long piece of black satin ribbon from the back pocket of his jeans. "Then I'm going to need you to wear this blindfold and be brought to a place by Hermione." Harry crossed his arms. "Where?" "That, my love, is a surprise."

Harry considered it. He knew Hermione would never go along with a plan like this if it was dangerous in any way. And he did trust Draco. Unless it was around a toaster. Never trust Draco with toasters. "Ok. I'll do it." He said. Draco beamed and leapt up to kiss Harry. "Thank you. " He whispered. "Ok! Go get changed." Draco clapped his hands together and began fiddling with the phone Harry had bought him. "Wait, now?"

"How does....? Wait... what? How...?" He glared at the black smartphone in his hands."Yes, now." Draco rolled his eyes and shoved the phone back in the pocket of his jeans. "Oh to hell with it. I'll just send Rox."  He called over their snowy white owl ( in memory of Hedwig ) Rox, and tied a pre-written letter to her leg. "What are you still doing on the couch?" He said to Harry. "Come on! I've put out an outfit on the bed." He grabbed his keys from the drawer by the door. "Wait, where are you going?" asked Harry. He was feeling extremely rushed and confused. Draco saw this on his face and sat down on the couch beside him.

"I'm going to go to Blaise's to get ready. He's helping with the surprise. Hermione will be here in a few minutes to drive you to The Place. I've laid out an outfit for you on the bed already, so you know what to wear." He explained. Harry grinned fondly. "You knew I would agree to this didn't you?" Draco shrugged and smiled back. "I prepared for it." He stood up and pressed a kiss to his head. "Have fun with Blaise." Harry called out. "I'll see you soon." Draco promised. He left, leaving Harry to get ready.

The young ravenette sighed and got up from the couch, steeling himself for his boyfriend's fashion choices. Draco calls himself fashion forward but Harry just called it a glittery nightmare. In fairness to him, he didn't always use sparkles. Most of the time, Draco is perfectly fine. But on special occasions, or just occasions in general, the Fashion Dragon is unleashed. Harry closed his eyes when he reached their bedroom. Deciding to face the inevitable quickly, he opened one eye slightly, then both of them sprang wide open. "Oh. It's actually nice." If Draco had been there he would have been very offended at the amount of surprise in Harry's voice. But, credit where credit is due.

The suit was a nice relaxed two piece. It was the traditional black, with a black shirt instead of the usual white. When Harry got closer he noticed very light detailing on the cuffs of the shirt, the jacket and also the buttons on the shirt in red and green. He noticed a small note pinned to the collar of the jacket, in Draco's handwriting.

" For my very courageous over grown kitten. Love, your very cunning danger noodle. "

Harry made a mental note to never let Draco go on the computer ever again. He changed quickly into the suit which, unsurprisingly, fit him perfectly.
"Harry?" came Hermione's voice from the kitchen. "In here 'Mione." He called out. She appeared in the bedroom doorway and gasped when she saw him. "Oh, Harry! You look amazing!" Harry grinned bashfully and bowed slightly.

"Thanks." He turned to look at himself in the mirror and tugged at his hair anxiously. "What should I do with my hair?" He asked Hermione.
"Well, I think it looks fine the way it is." She said. Harry looked at his messy hair nervously. "You sure?"
"Yes. Besides Draco loves your hair all messy, right?"
"Yeah"
"Ok then let's go."
"Wait wait. Tie or no tie?" Hermione eyed him critically. "No tie." "Ok" Harry but the black tie back. "Now." Hermione held up the black ribbon. "Let's go."
***
" Ow! " Harry rubbed his toe for the third time that evening. " Sorry! Oh I'm no good at this guiding thing. " Hermione moaned. " It's ok, really  'Mione. " "  We're almost there. "
After an hour's drive to wherever they were, it was finally almost time for the bloody blindfold to come off.  Hermione steered him gently up some stairs and she pulled him to a stop. " Ok, you can take the blindfold off now. "She said. She was as eager for the blindfold to come off as Harry was. It was true. She really was no good at guiding blindfolded people. It's not like she had much practice. Harry tugged off the blindfold and gasped. He was in a room but, oh Merlin, was it amazing.

Fairy lights were strung up on the walls, twinkling softly like stars in the background. Clipped to them, in between each small white light were pictures, all of them of Draco and Harry, each of them memories of the times they had spent together over the years. Soft classical music played gently from a set of speakers in the corner of the room. Around the room, lilys in vases littered various stands, and in the middle of the room a small table stood. It had a white cloth draped over it and a candelabra was lit, casting a soft glow over two place settings.

Draco stood beside the table, wearing a black suit, one matching Harry's, down to the last green and red detailing. Harry was in awe and close to tears.

" Happy Impromptu Date Night " Draco said softly. " Draco.... this is amazing. You're amazing." Draco chuckled and walked over to Harry, kissing him softly on the lips. They broke apart and Draco moved towards the table, holding out his hand for Harry to take. " Come on. I made food. " Harry raised his eyebrows in disbelief. " Ok, I ordered food. " Draco admitted.

When they were seated, Draco pulling Harry's chair out like a gentleman, and the meal was served ( Chinese takeaway Harry's favourite) Harry couldn't stop looking around him at everything. "This is amazing. " He repeated. Draco poured them each champagne into champagne flutes. He handed Harry his glass and sat down across from him. " Blaise threatened to throw up multiple time because of, and I quote, ' all of this smushy romantic stuff ' " He said dryly. Harry laughed. " Well, I love all of this smushy romantic stuff. And I love you. " He smiled.

Draco stood up abruptly. Harry was startled and put down his champagne glass slowly. " Draco? " In one fluid motion, Draco got down on one knee and pulled a small black box out of his suit jacket pocket. He looked up at Harry with so much love in his silvery grey eyes that Harry felt his heart stutter.

"Harry. " began Draco. " When you saw me standing here tonight you said I was amazing. I disagree. You are amazing. Without you, I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today. And I love where I am  today. Because it's with you. I owe you so many things, including my life. And today, I hope to start repaying that debt, because I love you. Harry James Potter, I love you so much more than you could ever know and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can only hope you want to do the same. Will you marry me? "

Harry felt tears cascade down his cheeks. He had so much love for the hopeful, wonderful man in front of him and knew he could only reply with one word. " Yes. "