Chapter 20 - Wedding

Madara pov:

I exhaled deeply while staring at my reflection in the mirror. I was dressed in the most uncomfortable clothes possible, one that made easy movement impossible, made me feel stuffy and sweaty and wonder why on earth our ancestors felt the need to wear so many layers of clothes for a mere wedding. Well, I suppose I had to be glad that it wasn't rainbow colored – for all we know, old geezers of the past could have been much more eccentric.

Grunting in mild annoyance, I adjusted the blazer I wore over my kimono so the Uchiha Clan symbols on both sides were better visible. I then proceeded to tie my hair up in hopes of feeling less cluttered than what I already did. It helped a little, I suppose, but still had me wishing for the ceremony to be over quickly so I could get out of these sagging clothes.

"Aniki." I heard Izuna say as he entered the room. I turned to see him smiling, happy that I was getting married.

"You're here, Izuna. Is everything ready?" I asked and once again tugged at the blazer in annoyance as it fluttered in the light breeze.

"Yes, Aniki, everything is ready. Taiki's father will be walking Akina down the aisle during the wedding." He said and stepped closer to me.

"Hn. I hope this ceremony isn't long – these clothes are absolutely impossible to handle." I muttered but Izuna only laughed.

"I'm afraid I can't really help or support you in this matter today, Aniki. You're the clan leader and it's your wedding today so it's not just the ceremony that you will have to bear through." Izuna said with an obvious hint of mischief.

I narrowed my eyes at him and frowned slightly. "What do you mean by that, Izuna?"

"The whole compound will be celebrating so you have to spend the entire afternoon and evening in the courtyard accepting wishes and blessings from everyone of the clan. You won't be allowed to return home until possibly just before dinner time. Hopefully you'll be able to eat your meals on time at least." He answered with a chuckle.

He was having fun with this. He knew very well that I thoroughly disliked participating in noisy celebrations and bearing through constant chatter for longer than necessary and he was having fun seeing me get all worked up over it. He also knew, since I had mentioned it earlier, that I was finding all of this even more annoying thanks to these clothes.

I suppose he was considering this as revenge for all the times I teased him with Nanami. I wasn't bashful in the matters of Akina like he was with the woman he was all over and he usually never got the chance to tease me. Then again, it's not like I would get flustered about it anyway – I had no reason to be in any way embarrassed of what I felt for Akina. Whatever the case, I knew that this chance of teasing me was short lived and it would be back to making fun of him. I might as well let him have some fun while he can. Thinking so, I chuckled and smirked at Izuna.

"Let it be. It's just one day....but as for you, I'm sure I'll get many chances after this to tease you as well." I said and he paled.

"W-well, anyway, we should go, Aniki. The ceremony will start soon." He changed the topic making me chuckle again.

I ran a hand through my hair once before following Izuna out of the room and to the central courtyard where everyone had gathered. As we walked through them to the front where Akina and I would exchange vows, men and women cheered and congratulated me. As for Tou san, he stood a little away with his arms crossed over his chest and a rather displeased frown on his face. He still hadn't agreed to my decision but I didn't really care. This was my life and this was what I wanted.

Ka san stood next to him and smiled when our gazes met. She was neutral in this matter, though I was aware that she had hoped that I would have chosen someone stronger and of the Uchiha Clan itself to be my wife. At least she wasn't annoyingly overbearing like Tou san was.