The Triangle of LOVE

...............

Comment, follow, and VOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEE (apologies; this chapter is a little bit shorter than usual hanse I'm running out of creative juice, so please, new ideas are welcome!)

..............

YOUR POV

I walked through the dungeons calmly, letting the scent of the black ink and sulfur sink in. I noticed that I still had my bookbag with me; it was like a part of me because I was carrying it around that much. When I finally made my way up to his door, I hesitated for a moment. What was he going to say? What would he do, or talk about? Well, one could only find out by going through that door. And that's what I did. I peeked into the room and saw the end of a black cloak in the storage closet. So he was here. My heart dropped: now we actually had to talk about it.

"Professor Snape?" I called out.

I didn't get a response, so I headed over to the storage closet after plopping my bag down onto a student's desk. I found him smelling a peculiar potion mumbling, "Why her?" and stepping down from the stool he was on. He bottled it up and put it aside. When he finally noticed I was standing there his cheeks flushed a little.

"I'm here reporting for detention, Professor. But I sense there might be a greater reason behind it?"

"(y/n), I-"

"No, hold up. Let me guess: you don't think this is a good idea, we could be caught, ecetera, ecetera. Did I get it right? Ever since we started this, you've been questioning everything. Not to mention me!" I ranted.

"I know. I just wanted to bring you down here so I can apologise." He said softly.

"How do I know your truly sorry, Severus?" My voice was sharp and cold.

"I'm honestly not sure. But I am sorry when I kept making up false dangers and scenarios, and questioning you in the thick of it. I understand if you want to break off, but....I-I love you. (y/n). I love you. A-and I wish you wouldn't leave me, but I cannot stop that. I would do really anything to keep you by my side, knowing someone in this world loves me in a way no one can replace. But nonetheless, I am ready for your goodbye."

We stood in front of each other silently at his words. I was shocked: I thought he wanted to stop this. I didn't know it was me. But the things he had just said....the flew around my heart and my mind, repeating. I almost couldn't bear it. I ran into him and gave him the meanest hug ever.

"Don't you ever say that again! I would never leave you! I've loved you since the first time I laid my eyes on you!" The tears started to pour and I cried into his cloak. My sobbing hiccups shaking my back with such force, it hurt to breathe.

I heard him mumble into my hair as he stroked. "I should've never doubted you...and gotten us here into this mess."

I shuddered while pulling back. "It wasn't just you, it was the both of us. I realize that now. I forgive you, Severus."

When I had finally managed to see through the salty tears clouding my vision, I saw that he too, had two tears slipping down his cheeks.

"Thank you, (y/n)." He whispered.

"What do you say we start over?" I held out my hand. "My name is (y/n). (y/n) (y/l/n)."

He gave a misty grin and shook my outstretched hand. "And I am Severus Snape."

I heard the clock strike eight in the background. "That's my cue to go. I'll see you tomorrow Professor."

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room, putting on an annoyed expression for any onlookers. I continued my way up the marble staircases until I came across the Fat Lady whom asked for the password (Waffle-Wizard!) allowing me inside the common room. With the fire flickering and brightening up the dim room, and the tapestries hanging overhead I knew was safe in the dormitory. I flopped onto a maroon couch and began to pull out my homework, until I saw a piece of parchment slip out onto the floor. I retrieve it and flipped it over. It read:

Miss (Y/N),

I realize this note may be inexplicably childish and.....weird, but would you consider attending the Valentine's Day Ball with me? This is a masquerade ball, so it seems we are safe from the eyes of scouting peers.

-Severus

My eyes went wide. He just asked me out. And how did he even- Know what? It didn't matter: he asked and I was glad to accept. I quickly shoved the note back into my bag when I realized it was Matt. I got off the addictingly comfortable chair.

"Hey, Matt! What's up?" I noticed his cheeks were redder than usual. "You...okay?"

"Oh! Uhm, yes, uh, I'm fine thank you." He said quickly.

"Okay.....did you have something to ask me? You're just standing there soooo....."

"I uh, was, wondering if....uhh...."

I raised an eyebrow. "Wondering...?"

"IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO TO THE VALENTINE'S DAY BALL WITH ME?!" He said very quickly and loudly.

"Um....I-uh." I remembered that Snape had asked me the same. "Can I think about it?"

"Oh yeah! Of course! Sure, sure. I'll be heading off to bed...so yeah. Goodnight." He scampered off to the boy dorm.

Now what? I had two boys who apparently liked me! What am I going to do? I sighed and pushed the thought aside, focusing on the work I had to do.