Deconstructing A Throne

Part Eight

"W-wait!" Jimin called out, cutting through students and in a very unlady-like manner, half shoving them out of his fucking way as he chased after Jungkook

"W-wait!" Jimin called out, cutting through students and in a very unlady-like manner, half shoving them out of his fucking way as he chased after Jungkook. He wasn't sure what he did to make his guard so mad, but he did know that his heart hurt because of it. Jimin also knew that he always messed things up, and usually he was fine leaving it at that. This whole 'find out why' someone was mad was completely foreign - but something just tugged at him to go for it.

Honestly he usually just accepted that he was at fault and let the situation be dealt with however it had to be, never questioning it. It's just that this time - seeing Jungkook unhappy - it was different. Like Jimin didn't want to see that expression ruin Jungkook's perfectly placed sharp features. He was starting to really get accustomed to the flutters in his chest when those dark eyes squinted and smiled.

More accurate, the way the boy smiled at him.

It took a bit but he finally found Jungkook leaning against one of the lesser used castle walls which led to the smallest of the three court yards. The light caught him beautifully, and Jimin's breath got caught in his throat as he saw the way Jungkook's muscled frame soaked in sunlight.

"Jungkook," Jimin gasped out, completely out of breath from his sport of Sorry If I Elbowed You, But Gotta Reach Kook. Not noticing that he had dropped the fuzzy socks back in all the commotion of running there in the first place. He flung his head back to breathe in deeper, and Jungkook couldn't help but crack a tiny smile at how adorably horrible Jimin's stamina was. "I-I'm sorry, I don't know what I did but I'm sorry. Please don't stay mad at me." Jimin whimpered.

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath of his own. His eyes went down to Jimin's empty hands, and he raised an eyebrow. "You dropped your socks."

"I don't care."

"You do."

"I care about you."

Silence.

"I meant I care about why you're angry at me." Jimin backtracked. "I - I don't know what I did-" Jimin's voice cracked slightly as his vision began to blur. Jungkook cocked his head to the side, studying the boy. Not sure what exactly to make of him.

Jungkook shook his head, calming down as he let his body drop to the cold stone floor, tapping the spot next to him for Jimin to come and sit down. The boy obeyed, biting his lip nervously. Jungkook didn't say anything for a while, just stared up at the ceiling, trying to find a way to word the thoughts going through his mind.

"Why do you," he started, "Why do let them baby you like that?"

"You mean Jin Hyung?"

"All of them. Jin. Namjoon. Hoseok. I understand a part of it is just your personality, but a part of it is....not. Taehyung down right talks down to you. I just don't understand. You don't act like that with me, don't act like that when there aren't other people around. Just the Courts or anyone close enough that they might be see the real you."

"Are you mad?"

"No Jimin, I'm confused."

It was Jimin's turn to draw out the silence. They heard the first bell ring, but neither of the two boys moved. The halls only got eerily quiet, and the only thing anyone could hear would be the echo of a closing door somewhere in the distance. Jimin was so quiet for so long, that Jungkook was about to give up, get up, and leave. Honestly the brunette didn't have the energy of being lied to.

But then he noticed that Jimin's eyes were filled with tears, and the boy was stifling his breaths. Jimin was silent not because he didn't want to talk, but because he couldn't. If he were to open up his mouth, then it'd be a gamble if a word would slip out or a sob. Jungkook froze, feeling horrible for being the cause of Jimin's tears, and hesitantly sat back down. He wasn't sure exactly what to do - no one's ever cried in front of him like that before - but he drew his arm around the boy's shoulders to let him lean into his chest.

Jimin felt his cheeks get hot from the trickling water falling from his eyes, closing them as Jungkook strung his hands through the strands of Jimin's hair. He loved the way it felt, and the motions were calming. Jimin cuddled into Jungkook, shifted so that his head was in the boy's lap, and Jimin cuddled his knees up into his own chest. He waited until his breathing leveled, somehow not stressing over the fact that he just missed the first class he had ever missed all year.

When Jungkook thought that Jimin had fallen asleep, the smaller boy surprised him by whispering out the answer to Jungkook's previous question. After hearing it, Jungkook instantly regretted asking in the first place. His heart shattered, and Jungkook wrapped Jimin closer into his chest. He wanted Jimin to feel his warmth, his heart, his protection. To feel Jungkook's grief for the younger. Soon Jimin began to hum a broken little melody, but his words were all Jungkook could hear.

"People don't break pretty things."

>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<
A/N whenever I do the >>><<< i always go 1-2-3 1-2-3 in my mind 😂 thank you everyone for the comments and the votes! It's made my day every single time, you can't even imagine. I'm really excited that you guys are enjoying this fic, and I promise there is so much more to come!

- Violette 🌷