Chapter 6

You walk alongside Hashirama, the forest slapping you in the face with it's stupid fucking branches. You arrive at the river, it's blue color looking more welcoming than it did the week prior. Granted, you weren't falling into it, but whatever. Hashirama walks on the smooth rocks, you following behind. You see Madara, tossing a rock up and down as he aims his throw. You quickly swipe a stone off the ground, and watch as Madara prepares to throw. You do the same, and Hashirama catches on to what you were doing. He also grabs a rock, and all three of you wind up, releasing the rock and watching it sail into the river. Madara's rock actually goes the farthest, given his prep time. He turns, hands on his hips and a grin on his face. He looks so happy.

"Ah, there you are! And Y/N, are you doing okay? You shouldn't be moving so soon." Madara frets, causing you to chuckle.

When did he get so nice? 

Not to say that he wasn't before, but now he was more nice. It was unsettling.

"Ah, my injury's doing fine. Thanks for asking." You reply pleasantly. Hashirama murmurs in your ear, causing you to answer just as quietly. Madara frowns, lifting an arm and questioning your whispers. "What are you two talking about?" 

You look at Hashirama, who nods.

"Uh, so about the whole injury thing." You pause nervously, trying to figure out a way to explain it. "So it like, got covered in ash, and healed a bit, but now it seems to be somewhere near fully healed." 

"That's all?" Madara asks.

"Yeah."

"Huh. Weird." Madara blankly states.
"Aren't you in the least bit confused or concerned?" Hashirama asks, taken aback by Madara's complacency.

"Not really." He answers, stretching up and around. "I mean, they came from the future. Not much is very surprising after that." Madara looks at you for confirmation, but you just shrug. "Yeah, I can get that." You blandly say.

"Fine." Hashirama huffs, looking to the side and seeing a round rock to sit on.

You all gather on the rock, you feeling the need to just curl up in it's warmth. You have a peaceful smile on your face, sucking in the sun's heat. 

Your peace was interrupted when Madara asks the million dollar question. 
"So can you tell me- us, about our futures?" Your brows raise at his slip-up, but you open your eyes while flattening your expression. 

"I'm afraid not. Something about the butterfly effect and stuff. Don't want to like, ruin the future. I, however, am not opposed to giving vague hints. Besides, that makes it more fun for me." You playfully remark. Your lips curl into a lazy smile, and you stretch, yawning from the comfortable temperature and relaxed atmosphere. 

"Y'know," you begin, getting the 2 boys out of their contemplative silence, "The best napping places are the warm ones." Hashirama laughs quietly at the anticlimactic statement and Madara shakes his head with a smile. Madara hums, enjoying the sun as well. Hashirama soon joins, and the day is used for getting used to each other's presence and to just laze around.

You stretch your back, wincing at the sharp stabs of pain that came with flexing your shoulders. "Okay then. Don't do that." You mumble to yourself, attracting Madara's attention. Hashirama had already fallen asleep, leaving you both to enjoy the silence that lingered, the river and birds keeping things lively. 

"Hmm?" Madara asks, looking over at you. You were currently rubbing your shoulders, looking uncomfortable. "Ah. Just stretched too far. Hurt my back a bit." You explain.

Madara's content smile drops a bit, and he scoots over, trying to see if you were actually okay. You smile and reassure him that you were fine.
"Yeah, okay, but it's still pretty fresh, even if it's just scar tissue. It's not fully healed yet, so take it easy, okay?" Madara advised.